Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as I mentioned earlier, went camping with my missus and had to carry all water and food to the camping site ( 91,4F) so it was hot, trying to get your brain to function in hot weather is hard,so..

from my view hot is danger, cold is danger,to choose from these two, don't know which one, both sucks,

there was a paper written in 1972 which has just been republished, that stated social collapse would come around 2040, total collapse by 2050.
I reckon there calculations were a bit off and its already started.
Yes I agree, It has. It's like the second great depression they talk about, it's here, it's just not equally distributed. I wonder if it felt like that back in the 1930's for the people who still had lots of money or good jobs.
I believe the Limits To Growth study was and still is very accurate.

so it was hot, trying to get your brain to function in hot weather is hard,so..
Was it humid too? Humidity and heat are the worst combination. I worked outdoors all my life and those hot days can be bad but coupled with humidity it is a tools down job. Twice last year, our hottest year on record down here, I had to knockoff at around 9am in the morning. The sweat just wouldn't evaporate off me and I heated up and up. Drinking lots of water then is pointless, just made me feel sick.

The sweat just wouldn't evaporate off me and I heated up and up. Drinking lots of water then is pointless, just made me feel sick.
Just do not forget to get enough salts when you drink. Getting sick is a sign of losing too much water and also of getting too much water and washing all the salts from your body by sweating/perspiring... sometimes you need to pour the water over your body to cool down. Another problem is drinking tooooo coold of anything, your body has to heat the cold beer/water/tea and starts producing more body heat to do so. Even if it is not soo tasteful, drinking warmer liquids does help to cool down...Gary

Was it humid too? Humidity and heat are the worst combination. I worked outdoors all my life and those hot days can be bad but coupled with humidity it is a tools down job. Twice last year, our hottest year on record down here, I had to knockoff at around 9am in the morning. The sweat just wouldn't evaporate off me and I heated up and up. Drinking lots of water then is pointless, just made me feel sick.
yes, if my memory serves me right,humidity was around 90, didn't like it and seawater was 80F, way too warm to cool you off properly.

-Just do not forget to get enough salts when you drink.
-sometimes you need to pour the water over your body to cool down.
-your body has to heat the cold beer/water/tea and starts producing more body heat

All excellent tips, I wish they included stuff like this in the media stories about heatwaves. All they do is say "Stay out of the sun and drink plenty of fluids" The mass media is a Whore.

yes, if my memory serves me right,humidity was around 90, didn't like it and seawater was 80F, way too warm to cool you off properly.
I hate when that happens. I remember once I was with friends in the Queensland coastal town of hervey bay. Fraser island, the largest sand island in the world lies about 12 miles offshore but the waters between are very shallow. It was during a heatwave and we went down for a swim to cool off. There were a lot of people on the beach but no one in the water, we found out why as soon as we went in. It was like stepping into a hot bath.

with this hot hot weather this up north,it won't do any good for crops,we will prolly see shortages in bread grains and higher prizes for basic stuff in the near future, my 2 cents,
Any weather changes are bad for farmers and ultimately bad for consumers prices. You know how the majority here have been learning to prep for tough times? We’re heading into them now I believe.

We've had weeks of hot weather. Its been between 80-87 degs with a few days of temps up to 96. Humidity has been around 12%. These hot temps are unusual for our elevation at this time of year. This is more like August temps. The worse is that it hasn't been cooling off at nights, only down to the 60's. It should be in the low 50's at night.
We've had less than an inch of rain since April and 6" of snow in May. Even the weeds are dead.

Latest posts

Back