Sticky How prepared are you right now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are 6 days into IDA disaster, our power company says Sept 17 until utilities are restored.
I was 13 when Katrina hit living in rural south MS and we were 15 days without power. Honestly that experience is a big part of why I'm a prepper today. It sucks though without the modern conveniences though. Hope things start getting back to "normal" for y'all soon.

Hang in there PP, I am sure your generator is keeping all things going?
How hard were you hit?

Just tree damage to a few patio and lean to covers, a small hole in one of the storage sheds. A few fences with trees on them. A few trees down about the property, lots of broken branches.

Used 1 500 gallon propane tank, about 390 gallons, just switched last night to the second 500g tank, still have a 1000 gallon tank. Turned the central a/c units off since I switched tanks, I told everyone no more luxury mode. Now we in crises conserve mode.

Wow, now we see how much we need and how long some things will last...my well ran dry yesterday for the first time again in a long time. After a few hours, there is water again but if I water the garden and the yard it is too much for the volume down there. I need to alternate daily what is more important or not.

Im up to one month. By September I plan to be at 2 months

Just did two weeks. Yesterday added a few things, think I can go two months along with you. Most items, I am at six months, more or less. But one does not really know how far one is prepared food wise until they put it into practice.

Learning new things along the way.

New job working in a slaughterhouse. Cleaning out the industrial meat grinder found myself holding 3lbs of perfectly good ground beef chuck. Instead of tossing it into the barrel to send to the dog food factory, got approval to take it home.

Just put in my freezer 3 quarts of meaty chilli made from the freshest meat one can get a hold of. LOL!

I am so prepared, I screwed my self over. It’s deer season, I have no room in the freezers. And then this is the view from the back deck
FE63B8B7-91E3-4A02-A019-DD8EFD8B847F.jpeg

I see an extra freezer in you future , you can always can the deer meat or make jerky and summer sausage.
You may be right. I literally put up with this little buck for 4 hours. Even starting up the smoker and being 25 ft away didn’t make it go away
You can even see the Smoker running in this one.
2508A85C-64D6-4F9E-94D0-9378A66FA447.jpeg

Latest posts

Back