How old is your swiss army knife ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great chart.
But I know exactly when I bought my Swiss Army Knives.
One in 1978, one in 1987, one in 1993 (small size for my survival kit), and one in 1996.
Great knives - I have opened many tins and whittled many utensils over the years.
My best buys and memories.

my thing with knifes ,,,they don't have much chance to get old,,,my old mind is slipping a bit and has been for years I will use it somewhere or put it up for safe keeping and poof it is gone,,,some I never see again and a few I find as much as 10 years down the road and most are rusted so badly I just throw them away,,,,I have one that comes and goes on a regular basis going on 4 years now,,,,right now I know where it is,,,no telling about tomorrow,,,,,,,,,

My problem with knives is that I get them cheap so I buy a lot of them, second problem is I also get them pretty minty so I tend not to put wear on them (I can't sharpen with any degree of skill). Love airport knife sales.

I narrow down my fav SAKs to the Fieldmaster and Outrider. The Outrider is a tad large but I love the locking blade. I have at least 5 other SAKs I am trying to trade for either of those models. Some keepers but not users are an orange alox Classic and a silver alox Cadet; if all goes well I'll add a plaid LL Bean Super Tinker to my non-user collection. The Super Tinker is about the perfect city SAK with the Hiker model being perfect for the woods, with the Fieldmaster you have both covered.

Opps! Thought this was a new thread. Link no longer works.

Latest posts

Back