how long will it take you to die WTSHTF?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if we're in the situation without electricity, internet, full food shops and no gas at all within two weeks the elevation would be 20 - 30% less.
They die just because the food storage is empty, the fridge too, food in the freezer is rotten, no 24/7 shop open, killing each other becaue they need to talk to each other and not writing internet messages or can't update the Facebook status.

About the topic "buying food" in Europe: Here's a bit different than in other areas of the world. Most of the people buy food for one or two days only because there's no reason to do any kind of storage (they think).

no body except a prepper does a big shop here anymore, most do not have a larder either, most people shop 3 or more times a week, I;ve even known people who shop each day just for that evenings meal, and other that dont cook at all, eating out and take away meals are the majority of what most people eat over here, that and "ready meals"-just slam it in the microwave, no wonder there is an obesity crisis in this country.
as far as this country is concerned without electricity, internet, fuel or food in the shops I think the population would halve within 6 months, probably sooner than that and it would be down to 25% within 12 months.

we dont have anything like you do, we have one snake that is venemous but is easily avoided.
a Fox will attack a baby in a cot if you leave the door or window open but thats mostly urban foxes in the city.
Squirrels and Pheasants are a nuisance on the road sometimes but they just get in the way.
most urban people dont have a clue how to drive on country roads especially the deep narrow lanes we have in my part of the country.

Everything here seems to sting, bite or have thorns!
We have Coyotes, Mountain Lions, Foxes, Weasels, Feral hogs (by far the most dangerous) and venomous snakes and spiders galore.
I lost three small dogs and two cats to Owls/Hawks/Eagles over the years.
Generally though, other than the hogs, I have not had a problem with any of them and I have done a lot of bush riding on my horses as well as hiking through dense vegetation regularly.
20170910_122333.jpg

That's my retrained Burb boy, holding a rattler that got too close to the house and needed to be "re homed"!

we dont have any of the big predators that you have in the US, the biggest wild animal we have is a Red Deer, several other types of deer too but thats the biggest, Wild Boar (your hogs) but not many people have seen one but we all see what damage they leave behind, we do have Wild Mink escapees when some farmed them in the 60s-nasty vicious creatures. apart from that its wild fowl-geese and ducks, Foxes, Badgers, some Eagles and other large birds Buzzards and Falcons. I 've probably left a couple of wild animals out that I;ve forgotten about but nothing life threatening to humans, no Bears or anything like that.

we dont have any of the big predators that you have in the US, the biggest wild animal we have is a Red Deer, several other types of deer too but thats the biggest, Wild Boar (your hogs) but not many people have seen one but we all see what damage they leave behind, we do have Wild Mink escapees when some farmed them in the 60s-nasty vicious creatures. apart from that its wild fowl-geese and ducks, Foxes, Badgers, some Eagles and other large birds Buzzards and Falcons. I 've probably left a couple of wild animals out that I;ve forgotten about but nothing life threatening to humans, no Bears or anything like that.

Dont kid yourself, a metric crap tonn of people in a relatively small area, we have the most dangerous predator on the planet and plenty of them.

Dont kid yourself, a metric crap tonn of people in a relatively small area, we have the most dangerous predator on the planet and plenty of them.
thats a city attitude, I've heard many urban people say there is no where safe in the UK.
mind you I'm quite happy for them to think like that.

Last edited:
thats a city attitude, I've heard many urban people say there is no where safe in the UK.
mind you I'm quite happy for them to think like that.

Not really, your little slice of heaven on the A3072 with a population of 1306 with surprising crimestats for it's size will face exactly the same issues. I've traveled and lived all up and down this little Isle of ours, my blinkers are off.

Not really, your little slice of heaven on the A3072 with a population of 1306 with surprising crimestats for it's size will face exactly the same issues. I've traveled and lived all up and down this little Isle of ours, my blinkers are off.
yes thought so, I know who you are now. I've put you on ignore so dont bother replying.
crime stats here are low, mind you crime in Devon and Cornwall is lower than the average anyway, last real crime we had here was a decade ago.
I've studied human behaviour for most of my adult life and I know how people will behave, most dont have a clue and will leave it far too late, its the first week (water) and the first month(food) that are the danger periods, after that movement will be limited.

Last edited:
yes thought so, I know who you are now. I've put you on ignore so dont bother replying.
crime stats here are low, mind you crime in Devon and Cornwall is lower than the average anyway, last real crime we had here was a decade ago.
I've studied human behaviour for most of my adult life and I know how people will behave, most dont have a clue and will leave it far too late, its the first week (water) and the first month(food) that are the danger periods, after that movement will be limited.

I doubt it but your choice, stay safe out there.

I've said my whole adult life...i'll be here when the cockroaches are gone...they'll be knocking me in the head on judgement day! That could be short time or long time IF/WHEN/HOW SHTF goes down ...who knows??

Latest posts

Back