How long does home made dehydrated Tomatoes last on the shelf? Vacuum Sealed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, freeze dry is the way to go. I use mine for so many things. It is my food saving method of choice. Of course, there are things you can’t use it for like honey and high fat content items.

I purchase granulated honey in #10 cans but I also have 4 gallon bucket of pure honey. Why would you want to freeze dry honey anyway? Honey doesn't really go bad as long as it remains sealed, I had honey in one quart canning jars that was 14 years old in the basement on the shelf, we put the jar in warm water, it got a little hard but it returned to it's liquid state after heating it, it was perfectly fine. Before anyone ask, no, we didn't apply heat, we put it in a cold jar, put the lid and ring on it.

I purchase granulated honey in #10 cans but I also have 4 gallon bucket of pure honey. Why would you want to freeze dry honey anyway? Honey doesn't really go bad as long as it remains sealed, I had honey in one quart canning jars that was 14 years old in the basement on the shelf, we put the jar in warm water, it got a little hard but it returned to it's liquid state after heating it, it was perfectly fine. Before anyone ask, no, we didn't apply heat, we put it in a cold jar, put the lid and ring on it.
They found honey over 2000 yrs old, sealed, still edible.

They found honey over 2000 yrs old, sealed, still edible.

as I know, honey itself is a conservant, so it does not need protection.
One is said that the Egyptians even used honey to preserve the mummies of the pharaohs.

Nevertheless, if the honey is of poor quality or fake, then it deteriorates - "candied".
We only buy honey from farmers we know and never in shops or agricultural markets.

Latest posts

Back