How do you stay sane?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadrian

Reaction score
I got out of the army in 2016 and traveled up until around six months ago, when I settled down and bought land in Maine. I decided to use my GI Bill before it expired and started going to Umaine. It's been an utter disaster!

Since the start of covid, I've avoided wearing the muzzle, but umaine is 100% mask all the time and it's so disconnected that it's driving me insane. I have made zero friends and my actual friends are absolutely going nuts and have holed themselves off on their land and have become caricatures of conspiracy theorists. They literally just hang out at their windows, wide eyed and look at the "chemtrails".

It doesn't matter where I go either, I just want to talk to people without it coming up, but it's driven such a wedge between everyone and now it's reaching a fever pitch. I wanna leave Maine and go back home to Florida where no one cares about masks, but it's expensive and I can't afford housing.

Are there any pepper groups in New England or Maine to hang out with? I'm dying for like minded people.

I got out of the army in 2016 and traveled up until around six months ago, when I settled down and bought land in Maine. I decided to use my GI Bill before it expired and started going to Umaine. It's been an utter disaster!

Since the start of covid, I've avoided wearing the muzzle, but umaine is 100% mask all the time and it's so disconnected that it's driving me insane. I have made zero friends and my actual friends are absolutely going nuts and have holed themselves off on their land and have become caricatures of conspiracy theorists. They literally just hang out at their windows, wide eyed and look at the "chemtrails".

It doesn't matter where I go either, I just want to talk to people without it coming up, but it's driven such a wedge between everyone and now it's reaching a fever pitch. I wanna leave Maine and go back home to Florida where no one cares about masks, but it's expensive and I can't afford housing.

Are there any pepper groups in New England or Maine to hang out with? I'm dying for like minded people.
You find like minded people not only in prepper groups which you may not have close by. But you can also find amongst the many churches and various hobby and social clubs. You sound like a very outgoing person.Perhaps you need to broaden your horizons in your search . Outgoing people are not used to being alone so it is of some concern.

The best advice I can give you is just to hang in there. You aren’t alone feeling isolated and frustrated from this damn virus. It’s disrupted and affected the lives of Just about everyone around the globe. The masks suck, but you can’t change how a school or city feels about them. You can change how much you let them affect you though. I don’t particularly like them either, but keep in your mind that they aren’t that bad. It’s simple mind over matter. If you can learn to control your mind then they won’t matter as much. They do help reduce the transmission of the virus, so they aren’t totally useless. This will end eventually, don’t loose sight of that. The 1918 flu came and went. The plague in Europe killed millions and those poor ignorant people thought it was evil spirits. At least we know what we are dealing with. And as I said, it won’t be forever. Everyone is feeling the same as you. So don’t think your all alone on this.

Thinking you didn't buy in the best place up morth. Down south we are open. Just a sad thing that your (Dem) states are still dealing with these freaking lock downs!
1634864065113.png

I have a few friends who see it like I do and they help, and this forum helps keep me sane. It's driven a massive wedge between people here too, and the vast majority are buying the official narrative hook, line and sinker, without questioning anything. I just want to leave this country for good as the average IQ and mental age here is around the same as the average shoe size. We just have to hang in there. We are going to win this.

I haven't worn a mask up in northern mn except for my kids sporting events i pay good money for him to play but other than that i dont wear them i enjoy my fresh air. Stay strong we all will get thru this together. Thank you for your service keep you head up

Latest posts

Back