Horns

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
Has anyone considered using Horns as means of communication in a post apocalypse situation?
Horns have been used in the past during battle or in the mountain regions throughout Europe for centuries. Even today when communication is down they often use horns to warn others. The one pictured below is a German Hunting Horn, which is still popular today in the German hunting society; So much so you have to know the different calls on it just to pass the hunting test. It is very much engrained into the hunting culture. It’s also used in bands, and is very popular even today.
It may be of benefit in the mountains, not sure about urban environment though.
The one in the picture is a Furst Pless Horn.
Furst Pless Horn 001.JPG

That's something I've never given thought to. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

This horn is really LOUD. Anything about it is in German so I've been using Google Translate to figure things out. As soon as I get a bore brush I'll give it a bath & polish it up.

thats a great idea but like loomis pointed out,it's loud.thats great if they know where your already located and all..but, what if it's best not to be that loud? whistleing and/or bird calls can prove to be more practical at times.

Latest posts

Back