Homesteading Books

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimoL

Reaction score
I have downloaded a few to my phone. It's surprising how many you can find for free on Amazon. Yesterday I picked one up at Tractor Supply that seems to be a good one. It's called The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading. An encyclopedia of independent living by Nicole Faires
It has a bunch of information in it.
What books have you found on homesteading? I want to read everything I can.

I haven't found many good ones on homesteading yet but all of the FFA guide books are great! I took AG science and FFA in high school and I can honestly say it was the only class I ever took that was worth anything. I would also suggest some natural healing books.

The Encyclopedia of Country Living and The Self-sufficient Life and How to Live It by John Seymour

I found this on mother earth news. This had good reviews.

I believe you can purchase Mother Earth News back issues...it really has everything. I just bought a few storage food cookbooks on amazon plus I print everything I find to save.

I have found a bunch of books on Amazon lately. I've noticed some books will be free sometimes. I think I need a kindle or something lol. I'm not much on reading so me saying that really is funny. But reading on my phone is getting hectic lol. I've been reading up on rabbits, chickens, turkeys (which mine came up missing tonight...have to search tomorrow) and gardens etc. I've done goats before not sure I want to go there again. I'm basically trying to get to where I can live off my land for the most part

try going to your local flea market or go to multiple garage sales. You can find some pretty good "how to" books. I've picked them up 4 for a buck. Picked up quite a bit of my preps here for cheap.

try going to your local flea market or go to multiple garage sales. You can find some pretty good "how to" books. I've picked them up 4 for a buck. Picked up quite a bit of my preps here for cheap..

I have downloaded a few to my phone. It's surprising how many you can find for free on Amazon. Yesterday I picked one up at Tractor Supply that seems to be a good one. It's called The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading. An encyclopedia of independent living by Nicole Faires
It has a bunch of information in it.
What books have you found on homesteading? I want to read everything I can.

I gotta say, the best bang for my buck has been two magazines: Backwoods Home and Countryside Magazine. The info included in both of those magazines covers everything from gardening, cooking, canning, to raising homestead livestock, to setting up an off-grid solar system for <$500!! I too read everything I can get my hands on and I have found no better resource than these two magazines. If I had to pick just one....hands down, Backwoods Home. Also, if you are looking for a resource for off-grid/homestead items, check out Lehman's Hardware. They have an online catalog and they also have a book section for homesteaders.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

I used to get Countryside Magazine and Mother Earth news years ago. Then bought books on poultry keeping, dairy goats and canning and preserving. I found livestock too demanding, too expensive and keeping pens, barns and chicken houses mucked out and clean too much work. Milking was a 24/7/365 job....

Aimo, you can download an app to your computer for amazon so you don't need a kindle. I've got it. It's free.

Latest posts

Back