home treatments for common medical issues?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a Drs appt this afternoon for my wife and found a book in the waiting room called, health benefits and cures from food. I skimmed thru it, some out of boredom and some curiosity. They went into a lot of chemistry behind why, but the main gist of everything was eat lots of unprocessed fruits and veggies, limit meats, processed foods, sodas and alcohol. No big suprises there. I do eat a lot of healthy homegrown foods, but let's see what I had today. Leftover sirloin steak for breakfast, (bad). There were some olive oil roasted garlic potatoes (good). At mid morning I had a salad with mostly stuff from the garden and a piece of blueberry bread. (Good). Then for lunch I had Popeyes fried chicken, spicey three piece, with a side of red beans and rice. (Dosent even need to be rated). Tonight I'm having a chunk of extra sharp cheese, pretzels, mixed nuts and am washing it down with wine mixed with ginger ale. Pretty much a failing grade for today. It's a lot clearer when you write it down, although like me here, you may not like to see what you eat. I am sure I eat better than 90% in this country, but have a problem with not limiting meats and have red wine each evening. Hey, who wants to live forever? Just remember, moderation!
I was skeptical of a lot of the claims in the book about how vegetables can cure specific diseases and such, but common sense tells you that eating fresh fruits and vegetables is good for you.

Latest posts

Back