Home Made water Filter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i posted it somewhere on here about a guy taking river water to a scientist, and they discovered that yes there were microbs that could have been filtered, and a blue algae.
when it was boiled (no filtration) the spores of the blue algae opens when boiled, and becomes one of the most toxic things known to man.
it rates #2 on the world chemical warfare list.
yaaaaa lol, filter your water then maybe boil it,
before its boiled though the algae spores are nontoxic.

I think i posted it somewhere on here about a guy taking river water to a scientist, and they discovered that yes there were microbs that could have been filtered, and a blue algae.
when it was boiled (no filtration) the spores of the blue algae opens when boiled, and becomes one of the most toxic things known to man.
it rates #2 on the world chemical warfare list.
yaaaaa lol, filter your water then maybe boil it,
before its boiled though the algae spores are nontoxic.
That is a charming thought. I plan on getting one of those super filter things I have seen at places like REI.
I do need to continue my studies on filtering of water.

most filters are just charcol on the inside, ive cut open a few of them, to find just a rounded out piece of charcol that the water filters through.
ive also heard that microbs cannot survive on copper, so maybe if i have a cup made entirely of copper?

most filters are just charcol on the inside, ive cut open a few of them, to find just a rounded out piece of charcol that the water filters through.
ive also heard that microbs cannot survive on copper, so maybe if i have a cup made entirely of copper?
I did not know that about copper. I know charcoal is the major part to any water filter.

ya, i know direct contact with copper for a period kills microbs, but im not sure how it works. in my opinion id stck to charcol.

on a small scale, it wouldn't be hard to do.
all you have to do is boil the salt water and catch the vapors, cool the vapors, and you have fresh water.

on a small scale, it wouldn't be hard to do.
all you have to do is boil the salt water and catch the vapors, cool the vapors, and you have fresh water.
Yes simple enough for a couple of people I guess. Though it would take a tremendous amount of fire to make that much water. not something I think I could afford, but it is nice to know I have options if I get in to dire straits in the H2O department.

You can use the charcoal (with white cotton or coffee filters using two liter bottles) from apple, alder, cherry, maple etc.. (stay away from hemlock, yew trees) We have used charcoal several time from a fire pit to filter questionable water then boiled it. Just know the vegetation (the good, the bad and the ugly) in the geographic one is in.

you could always test it out. i know ive accedently swallowed a whole gulp of bleach and it didnt do much but taste real bad and make me a lil' sick to my stomach, but as far as actually cleaning the water on the other hand is the problem. and how the hell would you research if it works or not? iodine too for that matter?
i will admit i did see the bleach thing on duel survival tv show though.
How on Earth does one accidentally drink a whole gulp of bleach, lol.?

Clean water is essential for healthy living. Unfortunately, microscopic organisms and other impurities can poison drinkers over time. Learn about how screening water for safety can be done in your own home.

For when you have access to plenty of water (such as a creek or river) and a secure location. So long as you are not in immediate need I suggest distillation. A pressure cooker with a copper coil attached to the lid can distill any water, even salt water into pure drinking water. Definately not for on the go or immediate need. But you will never run out of filters, pills ,or chemicals. Just water and fire. Tablets, life straw, etc are good for immediate needs imho.

For when you have access to plenty of water (such as a creek or river) and a secure location. So long as you are not in immediate need I suggest distillation. A pressure cooker with a copper coil attached to the lid can distill any water, even salt water into pure drinking water. Definately not for on the go or immediate need. But you will never run out of filters, pills ,or chemicals. Just water and fire. Tablets, life straw, etc are good for immediate needs imho.

I can see using that for salt but why fresh water ? You can just boil it. Am i missing something ?

i have a suggestion though.

1. Filter the water. Sand/Charcoal Filter/clean sock.

2. Bleach/Iodine the Water.

3. Boil.

That should pretty much clear most things, except radiation that is.

Latest posts

Back