Home Invasion Robberies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I wanted to start this thread as I feel in today's economic environment people are becoming more desperate and hostile.

I am wanting to know what everyone is doing about preparing themselves and their families against home invasion robberies.

As for me I do not allow the kids to answer doors or phones (most of my calls go to the cell phone anyways) especially at night. The kids and my wife have predetermined areas they are to go to while I fend off the dirt bags.

I even have an escape fire ladder so people can get out of the second floor.

Please share your ideas or training system(s).

Good topic, we have talked very little on this subject, but are plan so far is to get behind the bed and draw down on the doorway, if they get in," which is a task all in itself ", I am not wondering around the house. I will stay put and wait!!! wife 1911 me 12 gauge oh and call 911 and tell them someone is about to get shot !!!

Good topic, we have talked very little on this subject, but are plan so far is to get behind the bed and draw down on the doorway, if they get in," which is a task all in itself ", I am not wondering around the house. I will stay put and wait!!! wife 1911 me 12 gauge oh and call 911 and tell them someone is about to get shot !!!
I have looked for good angles of fire, and evacuation routes for the kids if their prearranged hiding spots become compromised. as I plan on standing my ground. I have placed charlie bars on sliding windows.

well, im not going to give too much info on my home, because tbh, i think I've put a little too much about where I'm located lol.

but i have 5 yappen freaken dogs that let me know everything, and if some one does get in, past me, past the dogs? LOL, dude I'm freaken poor, there ain't really much to take worth any money, besides maybe the Wii lol.

but to others i give this advice:
while prepping your home for invasion, etc. think to yourself, what would you do to get in? be very creative! these Cons don't have anything better to do but think about this and/or share their storys with fellow inmates.
i mean really think, then plan accordingly.
tbh, (not a shtf, or post-shtf scenario, but everyday type) a simple loud ### alarm, bell etc will do the trick, most burglars want to get i and out without alarming others, so if they break in a loud sound will usually be a great deterrent.

Hello everyone!
I wanted to start this thread as I feel in today's economic environment people are becoming more desperate and hostile.

I am wanting to know what everyone is doing about preparing themselves and their families against home invasion robberies.

As for me I do not allow the kids to answer doors or phones (most of my calls go to the cell phone anyways) especially at night. The kids and my wife have predetermined areas they are to go to while I fend off the dirt bags.

I even have an escape fire ladder so people can get out of the second floor.

Please share your ideas or training system(s).

As I've said elsewhere, I've been a state corrections officer for over 10 years now-and I've made enemies with some very nasty people. So, I have long had preparations to deal with one of these parasites possibly looking me up some day. There's a lethal weapon in easy reach, but at least semi-hidden from immediate easy view in every room of my house. (I don't have kids, nor do any of my friends/family that visit have small children) I have two dogs that live in my home, and they are my early warning system. I've always avoided over socializing my dogs with other people-so they are extremely protective of their home, and they're NOISY! They're blue heelers btw. The 82 year old woman that lives next door to me is nosy, and knows everything and everyone that belongs on my quiet village street-and I go to great lengths to be friendly with her. There's a 2.5 pound can of anti-grizzly bear pepper spray at my front and side door, and last but not least is attitude. lol.....I'm the 'unfriendly neighborhood gun-nut survivalist/corrections officer', a stigma that I reinforce on every occasion......The neighbors avoid me like the plague!

I have the 12ga, wife the 9mm. the only remaining child at home, who is 9, resides in the room right next to ours which is at the rear of the home. Bedroom doors are locked at night. The child is to remain in his room until its safe to come out or go out the window into the backyard where there is ample hiding space. Call 911 from cell phone and tell of the invasion and we are armed and where we are in the home. We will remain in the bedroom until the intuder makes his way to that room. If he enters, he wont be leaving, at least not on foot. If too many intruders we will exit a sliding glass door in the bedroom, grab child from his room through window and to a common gate to neighbors home.

I have the 12ga, wife the 9mm. the only remaining child at home, who is 9, resides in the room right next to ours which is at the rear of the home. Bedroom doors are locked at night. The child is to remain in his room until its safe to come out or go out the window into the backyard where there is ample hiding space. Call 911 from cell phone and tell of the invasion and we are armed and where we are in the home. We will remain in the bedroom until the intuder makes his way to that room. If he enters, he wont be leaving, at least not on foot. If too many intruders we will exit a sliding glass door in the bedroom, grab child from his room through window and to a common gate to neighbors home.
Our kids know where and how to use the escape ladder. They have also been instructed that if they can't get out to the escape ladder that they are to go on the roof and hide there or go in to the bathroom and hide in the bath tub.
We have various weapons about the house. the 1911 is always close at hand to me!

i keep my .45 on my side, daylight to dark. SO has her 9.mm the two oldest kids have their deer rilfes (30.30 and 30.06), kids know the drill,, help get the smaller ones out of their rooms and into the master bathroom,,, we have drills, code words etc, various rifles , shotguns, pistols through out the house,,, (no sound is scarier than racking a 12 gauge). kids know to verify their targets before firing, and to shoot to kill. my motto is if ' you break in here,,, hope you and your god are on good terms cause im gonna introduce you to him'

i keep my 22,9 round revolver on my hip at all times when at home,for 2 reasons.1st i live in the country.so i have wildlife to tend to at times.mainy toxic snakes..pluse,a person never knows when the wrong type of person will show up..we were in town yesterday.in which i saw a home scurity camera set up i wanna get..i dont remember how many cameras it has.but it does have more of them,then what i need,and have in mind.when it comes to where id have them set up...

JimLE The UK is saturated with CCTV far more than the US, one thing of note is coming to pass as reported in our media. Far to many people are putting blind faith in the CCTV and getting caught out by home intruders even when folks "sensed something was up".

So do SUPPLIMENT your home security with CCTV but learn the lessons from folks here and remember that YOUR GUT FEELING AND THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK are JUST as important as the electro gismo bolted to your wall.

yeah.it's way to easy,to get into legal trouble.when protecting ones home..no matter where they live..and that is one reason why i wanna get the security camera set up.in which it can prove that i was defending my home and my self from a threat..

think I'll trust that "little" hairy 100 pound friend I have here,he doesn't let the maintainance come in unless I'm here,they tried it once,don't do it second time if I'm not here,he's very territorial and protective and I have my stuff to fend of a-holes

On the matter of furry friends, they protect poeple not property. I had 4 Rotties, one Boerboel and a Jack Russel. They still broke into my place with all the dogs present, they use different means to control the dogs from Doom (insect killer spray), rocks the size of bricks, or one will lure the dogs to one side of the house while the rest break in on the other side. One evening at about 23:00 hours we realized they came through the fence around the property and my wife and i prepared to fend of the attack we took up positions in our living room, as soon as we did the dogs went out the house through the front door dog hatch and formed a barier between us and the attackers (ive never tought them to do that), they stayed there until the attackers backed of and friends arrived. We found the tracks of 5 attackers.
If dogs are a problem for attackers here they just poisen them using something called "two step". Its a horrible way to die for an animal, we attended a poisen treatment coarse provided by our local SPCA. "Two Step" can be treated with activated charcoal, mixed with water in a syringe and down the fury friends hatch, i think the poisen binds to the charcoal and it also makes the dog vomit, but then you need to get them to a vet asap.

Yes it has, we get our quiet times (2-3 months) then it picks up again. In the past 2 weeks had 3 burglaries in our area, one was while the poeple was still sleeping in their bed, luckely they were not attacked, we suspect that they pumped a bottle of LP gas into their bedroom during the night. If you cant just pack your bags and leave then you start dealing with it the best you can. I can see whats happening here is going to happen there, its only a matter of time before you will be living with the same tipe of crimes maybe even worse because we dont have to deal that much with the islamic factor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back