Home Invasion Robberies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went up against a local thug when I still lived in Plymouth, he had just come out of prison after a short sentence for attacking an elderly man in the local launderette. he was having a go at my elderly female neighbour, she yelled for me and the guy upstairs(guy upstairs didn't show)I went out in my bike gear(leather jacket, "cut off" and bike boots), and just stood by my neighbour, arms folded, looking at him and saying nothing. after a few minutes of cursing at me and her, he turned tail and ran!!

One of the scariest moments I had was in my former home. I didn't have guns at the time, only swords. I heard a smash and went outside, and some punk had smashed my tail light. He was drunk, and had us mistaken for someone else. He kept making like he was going to come into the yard proper, and I told him if he did, I'd run this sword right through his gut (and I meant it...so help me I did)...

Luckily, his girlfriend talked some sense into him. We called the cops, and turned out he was a parolee (numerous drug charges), and his behavior towards the cops that night basically bought him another trip to the slammer (other charges, not for the tail light). Years ago, but definitely the closest I ever came to killing someone. There was at least a few moments where I really tensed to strike based on his actions. Had he come onto the yard, no doubt I would have run him through....no doubt in my mind at all. (and yes, we're a stand your ground state).

Hello everyone!
I wanted to start this thread as I feel in today's economic environment people are becoming more desperate and hostile.

I am wanting to know what everyone is doing about preparing themselves and their families against home invasion robberies.

As for me I do not allow the kids to answer doors or phones (most of my calls go to the cell phone anyways) especially at night. The kids and my wife have predetermined areas they are to go to while I fend off the dirt bags.

I even have an escape fire ladder so people can get out of the second floor.

Please share your ideas or training system(s).
I too have this fear! There are several things that i have done to act as a deterrent for home invaders ! The first is any time we take a family trip i leave one vehicle at the house so it appears that someone is home! always leave the living room tv on at a decent volume level so it can be heard at the door! Blinds down and 1 main light on! also i found some very loud magnetic alarms with adhesive strips on the backs for putting on doors and windows( These were purchased at The dollar tree for only a buck a peace) while it does not dial the police when set off , it does make a very loud high pitched squeal that all of my neighbors will here with ease! next since i do have a 4 year old daughter i do keep my guns locked in a safe so i may not be able to get them fast enough to ward off an invader so i do have knives placed around the house up out of her reach that can be gotten to in any room ! then behind my broom door i keep an aluminum louisville slugger ! And of coarse like many of you have posted ! if i hear them breaking in they will get shot! lol now that ive read some of your posts i feel poor!

my greatest fear is my mom answering the door when im not here.she says that she stands to one side of the door,and ask who it is before unlocking it.but yet.it could be a thief or what ever,saying it's ups or what ever.and i think that shes modest enough to fall for it..a ups guy did deliver a package today.in which he came to the origenal front door.i came out the garage,and on gaurd.on account folks that know us,knows which door to go to..in which the front door aint it..

We have fitted a check arm to our front door, its not a lock as such its a pivoting very heavy duty catch that allows you to open the door to 6 0r 10 inches to receive mail or speak to someone, it cannot be reached easily if at all from outside. similar to this simple version
gallery1.jpg

my greatest fear is my mom answering the door when im not here.she says that she stands to one side of the door,and ask who it is before unlocking it.but yet.it could be a thief or what ever,saying it's ups or what ever.and i think that shes modest enough to fall for it..a ups guy did deliver a package today.in which he came to the origenal front door.i came out the garage,and on gaurd.on account folks that know us,knows which door to go to..in which the front door aint it..

so far I've just got a door chain on our front door-the type that includes a lock so you can use it when you go out and unlock it with a key from the outside when you return, fairly thick you need boltcroppers to cut it.

My first line od defence is FOUR stickers, front door as TWO, One says NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MONITORED NO COLD CALLERS, Second one says NRA LIFE MEMBER. Back gate has BEWARE PITBULLS LIVE HERE and another NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Then we move onto Double glazing with self adhesive laminating film so even if they break the glass they still cannot get in witjout making enough nouse to wake the dead. Front doors have PIR / Microwave activated light, The door is an ultra high security multi point locking, quad hinge Laminated door bolted straight through the frame and screwed into the brick walls, pivoted check arm stops front door opening more than 6 inches with someone on the inside moving the check arm

where do I get that window laminating film NR? been trying to find it online but no luck, we are having 3 new windows fitted within the next couple of months so I've got time to get some in.
I've got a sticker says "no cold callers" on the door but it don't stop the buggers banging on the door!!!

Speak to your local Crime prevention officer or Neighbourhood watch Coordinator they have the Semi official DEVON CONSTABULARY NEIGHBOURHHOD WAT. NO COLD CALLING WITHOUT APPOINTMENT stickers, Bright yellow and black they are up here.

then you can ask your local NH watch to organise a No Cold calling zone
D16A3F.jpg

Or you can copy this and print it off
stickers_web-1.jpg

the issues with our doors. their the old type doors,in which the front door has windows in it.the other 2 are all wood doors.but yet.they can still be broken.only advantage with the front door.is a person has to grab the door knob and left up on it,just to lock and unlock the dead bolt..so a person beaking in.would have to break out enough window just to come in.in which theyd be lucky to get past puting 1 foot into the home..

Same here in the southeastern US, cycles of home invasions. I have added motion detector lighting, solar and hard wired. Gonna add a fence, with a thorny bush perimeter, to look decorative. Have purchased security cameras also.

Latest posts

Back