Home Invasion Robberies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a book here called "Treurgrond", "Mourning Ground" it is a list of all the farm attack around the country, at the date it was published (2011?) it listed 2 617 murders and attacks for the previous 20 years, i tried reading it, i only got to about page 10 then it became to much for me, to painfull to read. Remember this book is only about farm attacks, the attacks in subburbs and cities is not included. I believe that this book reflects the fact of a systematic genocide against the white conservative farmers "boertjies" in SA. NR you might agree on this the same thing happened in Rhodesia and Zim to the British "colonialist" that tried to stay and make a living. They started killing them one by one and the others left with nothing, only the clothes on their backs. The irony of it just struck me, that the same f*****s that murdered and chased away those expats (farmers) and ruined their own economies are now crawling their way into GB and Europe begging for food and assistance. Now this is making me really hot under the collar, ill bite my lip and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Sorry I got a bit off topic here, but dealing with home invaders and attacks. It might be something we SA`s have a bit of experience with, so if there is anything i might be able to help with please ask, ill do my best to help.

We are getting a surge of violent home intrusions but so far its limited to rural properties ( cops anti gun attitude) and rich urban suburbs. Car jacking is getting more common as well. My wife is a community nurse practitioner and I have had to order her not to go to certain areas now, which doesn't make her job easier but it is keeping her safe.

You are indeed right the BBC has been interviewing these poor desperate refugees (sic) and some come from Nigeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Zim and even SA !!!.

I think it was Jomo Kentatta or some other noted black statesman who once said " It does not matter if the whites have been here 10 generations or 300 generations they will never be accepted as Africans. Yet the blacks pouring into the UK insist they are British rather than British passport holders as soon as they are legalised

This is just one of the extra sec measures we added to our home as time delay tactic. Two burglar doors in the passage way to our bedroom.
uploadfromtaptalk1441870416927.jpg

Right in front of the bedroom door.
uploadfromtaptalk1441870523766.jpg

At the beginning of the passage.

Locked every single night, no exceptions.
Currently im considering upgrading these to something a lot more sturdy.
Keeping the wife out of the trouble areas is great, here when ambulance paramedics go to assist poeple that are shot or stabbed in troubled areas they get robbed at gunpoint themselfes, its totally sick!!!!!

Last edited:
F****** hell what a way to live, self imposed prison and a life sentence, my heart breaks for your family, seriously. Can you not move to that all white township I've read about?

Have considered the option, job oppertunities there, 0. Have to put something in the tummy, to keep us alive as well. Caught between a rock and a hard place, but over time you get used to it, but you never get lax, if you do you gonna get hurt or dead. But speaking to you guys about it, brings on the reality of how bizarre the situation really is, how much things are kept from you guys abroad and visa versa. You really have to dig to find the truth. If you want to test your ideas on preparing for home invasions, this country is the place to come and do it. (Highly not recomended). I saw a few video clips on here about attackers coming through the door and the wife running to the safe room, very good, but in those clips there was only one attacker or intruder, here you are damn lucky if there is only one, they usully operate in groups no less than three, but could get up to 11 or 12. They are a bloody bunch of cowards, but very dangerous. We have a saying here. "Africa is a tough country, it is not made for sissies(weaklings)." Thank you very much for your empathy for our situation, but from me to you the same, because i can hear that your problems over there is increasing day by day, so my advice is buckle up its going to be one "HELL" of a ride, but hopefully we hear from each other when its all over.

Nope not brave, just trying to do, what needs to be done. You would do the same there if the situations were reversed.

Nothing better than running scenarios thru your head, all good advice guys. Our house is a bit off the main road which makes it a good target. Easiest access gives them only one way up to my house. So first I want my dog to alert me, not get in confrontation with some dirt bag. I would definitely kill the bastard if they hurt my dog ! So once my dog lets me know an uninvited person hits my doorway and has the courage to make entry they'll be in for big surprise. Our kids on West Coast, no kids visit so there are weapons stashed in various rooms of the house, advantage points have been planned out and we both can walk thru our house in the dark which is very important! Our neighbors just happen to be preppers too, not to many people around here don't have guns in the home and they sure know how to use them!

Are you in contact with those neighbours, other than cellphone or landline, maybe invest in handhld radio`s, the rest sounds very good, maybe consider a few more dogs, a few more extra eyes and ears can make a huge difference.

Are you in contact with those neighbours, other than cellphone or landline, maybe invest in handhld radio`s, the rest sounds very good, maybe consider a few more dogs, a few more extra eyes and ears can make a huge difference.
In this village of inbreds chances are it would be my neighbours trying to break in.

In this village of inbreds chances are it would be my neighbours trying to break in.
I think your absolutely right NR me old mucker, we haven't had any crime here out in the sticks for about 5 years, and any stranger would stand out.most people here know where you live and what vehicle you drive. my main worry would be the welfare class living in the next street who live from welfare payment to welfare payment and live on takeaways and "convenience" food and lounge about the back garden swigging canned beer and smoking (gawd knows what), most of them are harmless but we have a new "family" who definitely bear watching...and we do!:D

Maybe i should clarify the concept of "neighbour" a bit. Those that give a dawn, prep like you, act and think along the same lines you do, they may be 2 miles away or a thousand, still makes them "neighbours", poeple you can call on at 2 in the morning to come and help, but dont overstay their welcome. Have a few around good folks, the rest????

We have a few different measures.

First off, we're in a rural area, so right there, kind of limits the possibilities (opportunity).

Our first line of defense is fencing. From most directions, a burglar would have to get over at least two different fences (most of which have barbed or thorny plants along the fence line).

Or next line of defense is a really nosy (but nice) neighbor, who likes to call us up when anything looks out of the ordinary. (she knows we're armed and would protect her too).

Then, we have motion detector lights all around the property, that could alert us (and provide inconvenient light).

The exterior windows, some have decorative iron bars (eventually all will), but all have barbed or thorny plants under them. The exterior doors are all very solid (the shop one is even metal, though looks normal), and have top and bottom slide locks to help secure them (these are in place at night). The front door and side doors all have deadbolts and kickplates. Coming in from the side door, you'd actually have to get through TWO deadbolted doors. We don't forget, as it is a matter of routine.

We have battery operated alarms on the doors and windows. We check these periodically to refresh the batteries.

The next line of defense is the weird layout of our house. Light switches aren't where one would expect, and even we got lost the first couple of months here. Good luck to an intruder in the dark.

I have a Malucan Cockatoo (loudest bird on the planet, literally) that will make a huge racket if she hears someone go through the kitchen (the central room of the house) at night (which is why we have a mini fridge in our bedroom, to avoid that for late night drinks or snacks). Plus, we have 4 chihuahuas that make a racket if a stranger was in. Finally, our Lab/Chow will do more than just bark, and would pretty much tear up any intruder. (He sleeps at our bedroom door).

Inside the house, the interior bedrooms have had the door locks replaced with actual exterior door locks (not the kind you can open with a kitchen knife, like standard interior doorknobs). Eventually, we'll replace the doors as well with more sturdy ones. In the master bedroom, the walk in closet doors have exterior door locks as well. Eventually, will replace these doors first, to kind of make mini panic rooms, but for now, they are still pretty decent. I lock up my guns when we have company that includes children. My wife locks up all her medications (our son is pretty Emo, so we don't want him getting stupid and trying to hurt himself either way).

We're really big geeks, and our Living Room has a medieval theme that includes functional swords mounted on the wall, that can be drawn and used. The Dining Room has a couple of sabers that can be drawn, and the main guest bathroom has an Oriental theme, with numerous mounted weapons (samurai swords, pairs of sai, etc. ). Our bedroom has some mounted weapons as well, so pretty much each room has some kind of quick weapon at hand.

Finally, anything else of real value (our TVs, appliances, and furniture are all expensive, but not exactly portable, especially as the TVs are wall-mounted), such as cash, expensive jewelry, deeds, titles, etc. is all in a hidden safe, so not going to find that without some real effort either.

Should add, eventually, we're going to make a secret bookcase door going to our bedroom. Mostly, this is for fun, just because the hallway is just SO perfect for this idea. But, it will also serve as a point of confusion, and buy time before one finds the master bedroom, should we have an intruder.

There use to be a few cops / Investagators that would stop by a Gun Shop I worked at back in the 80's some local a couple State one of them TBI . One thing they all seemed to agree on was the worst crime scenes they ever worked was a home invasion where the bad guys found familys at home . Seems the creepers fill safe in a house they have took over and take time to do alot of bad things to the people that have the misfortune of being caught of gaurd by these kind of preditors . Hearing these stories back then when I was just starting my Family helped me be aware that I need to protect my family .
Couple of things that help are that creepers do not like being in the light at night and do not like making noise . Also large / loud dogs help . A potential threat was stopped in thier tracks when I opened the door unarmed and a car load of thugs looking for a house to rob pulled into my driveway . The one that knocked on the door was all big and bad and when he saw I wasnt going to be a push over he looked back at his buddy's and they started getting out . My big hound came to investagate and made so much of a fuss they lost thier nerve and left . That was broad daylight in a peacful rual area , it was the Christmas season and they were looking for a house with nobody home and was going to load up on Christmas gifts . These creepers were good at this .The big thug that came to the door stood real close to it so he couldnt be seen through the peep hole and knocked real softly like a small fragile person . Me and my Son were home one car was in the shop and my Wife had the other , she left the outside light on because she left before daylight . I hadnt turned it off yet . I answer the door armed to the teeth now unless I know who it is . That was years ago . Side note the year before a Elderly Couple had been tortured and robbed the same time of year in a nerby County . They broke the Man's fingers with vise grips .
That is the kind of people you deal with in a home invasion .

I remember that famous but terrible home invasion by two black dudes in Witchita KS how they slowly butchered a family but the story was played down to prevent the struggling race relation issue from going tits up.

Latest posts

Back