Home defense

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More ideas....

CO detector and a strobe flashlight. Thieves hate loud noises (attracts more people). Strobe light disorients. If you can get a taser flashlight even better. While I think it's ideal to kill them to prevent them from injuring others, the first goal is to make them want to go away quickly. This will work today with a common burglar, but probably not if SHTF. In that case, also consider medieval weapons. Medieval spiked mace on a chain? Big axe. Fireworks to the face? I still like the napalm in a small balloon, then add a way to ignite it. That would ruin anyone's day.

Your best tool is a handgun/rifle. If you can own them then do it, this other stuff is trivial. If you can't, you should actually try these and experiment and get proficient at whatever 'tool' you choose. Having a little experience making napalm beforehand (gasoline+styrofoam) will have huge benefits post SHTF.

And of course there is the U-Haul solution. Gun laws where you live unacceptable? Load your stuff in a U-Haul van and move to where they have better laws.

Build your houses at the centre of a hedge maze with booby traps. From the outside people won't see the house and if anyone is unfortunate to wander in they will be met by Indiana Jones style death traps.

To revisit this thread, a house in the woods will do great, our property is about 1/2 mile from the road, build site even farther. we have a small road we are building in that goes around rock outcroppings, you would not be able to drive through if the gate is closed but the entirety of the property is not fenced, so you could get there on foot.
Any thoughts on booby traps or early warning systems? Thinking a camera system would be good, we are outfitted well with guns/ammo but having early warning is better than late in my opinion.

To revisit this thread, a house in the woods will do great, our property is about 1/2 mile from the road, build site even farther. we have a small road we are building in that goes around rock outcroppings, you would not be able to drive through if the gate is closed but the entirety of the property is not fenced, so you could get there on foot.
Any thoughts on booby traps or early warning systems? Thinking a camera system would be good, we are outfitted well with guns/ammo but having early warning is better than late in my opinion.

Put up a MAGA banner and an NRA sign for all to see.

A few signs where it says "there will be live firing when entering the property" should be enough.

Otherwise, get a death body, tie it to the nearest tree with the sign around the neck "the last one to try".

The only problem is, the next ones to come are the stormtroopers....

Anything that makes noise, light, fire, smoke or slows you down coming towards the house and gets them blind, seen, heard, hurt, burned or dead is OK!!
Fire extinguisher with ABC powder inside, remove the powder and exchange it with a gasoline and diesel mixture with a bit of powdered soap for napalm, pressure up the tank and use as needed...
Concertina wire stretched out tight and barely held down by hooks, when it is loosed, it contracts together again quite well...
Black powder or gun powder in open cans with a wire connector to a battery and a trip connection to set the powder off, gives them blindness, sets you in alarm and lights up the area too.

Unlimited alarms and deterrent devices can be implemented AFTER WROL. Very limited number of devices prior to it hitting the fan. Smoke and noise devices best while the legal system is still in effect. Once it become you or them, then all options are on the table.

Booby traps could possibly be illegal in most states. I would look into memorizing your States right to carry, Stand your Ground, posting laws, and Castle Doctrine stance.
I have looked into all in the Kommunist Republik. It doesn’t deter me from greeting unannounced people with my welcoming committee.

I always wanted a bunker attached to the house where the bunker entrance is a 3D maze of concrete crawl spaces. Paint all the walls with vantablack so the best flashlights do nothing, maybe a pitfall here and there, nobody is going to follow you very far into that :)

Latest posts

Back