Home defense

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get down to it a rock makes a formidable weapon. Using your head and improvising any thing on hand for defensive purposes is the plan. I have to admit, after reading all the posts from anti gun countries I’m glad to have the right to own them here. I have no intention of ever having to use them but it is a sense of security knowing I could.

When you get down to it a rock makes a formidable weapon. Using your head and improvising any thing on hand for defensive purposes is the plan. I have to admit, after reading all the posts from anti gun countries I’m glad to have the right to own them here. I have no intention of ever having to use them but it is a sense of security knowing I could.
I feel the opposite. ‘They’ don’t have them either. If I lived in America I would feel differently.

I feel the opposite. ‘They’ don’t have them either. If I lived in America I would feel differently.
Gracieboo let me give you a few things to consider.

Given the following choices, which would you prefer:
Fending off a large, strong unarmed male attacker with your bare hands.
Fending off a large, strong male attacker armed with a club, with a club.
Fending off a large, strong male attacker armed with a gun, with a gun.

We have a saying: "God created man, and Colonel Colt made them equal."

Google "Woman kills armed intruder." You will find many stories about that happening in parts of the US where most law abiding citizens have guns, and often it involved multiple intruders. But in the UK, women are rarely able to overpower intruders, and when it does happen, the woman usually had a gun.

A gun neutralizes the advantages of size and strength.

You have mistaken me. I was replying to Brent's post, he said he was glad he wasn’t in an anti gun country because he feels safer with a gun. Of course I’d feel safer with a gun, however I do not have one, therefore I feel safer in a country with anti gun laws because most nut jobs don’t have one either. If I lived in a country where a lot of people had guns (including the nut jobs) I would have them stashed everywhere. So hedge trimmers on a broom it will have to be.

I do envy those of you in rural settings. I just want chickens and a well, I could even legitimise getting a shotgun. We are considering Wales but all the places away from main roads and towns that I saw advertised a few months ago have gone. I’m thinking a lot of people have the same idea and want somewhere remote.

Have a look at the area about ten miles plus inland from Aberystwith towards Devils bridge , popular with English preppers in recent years

One home defence option i consider if someone breaks in to my home is to use the fire extinguisher. 1st set it off in their face and then smash the canister over their head.

I'd only consider a fire extinguisher as an improvised weapon for an active shooter situation for a retail/office scenario - for the home I'd want something lethal and capable of immediately taking on a 2nd-3rd home invader >>> whenever possible you want to permanently reduce the enemy side and not just temp disable them .....

I'd only consider a fire extinguisher as an improvised weapon for an active shooter situation for a retail/office scenario - for the home I'd want something lethal and capable of immediately taking on a 2nd-3rd home invader >>> whenever possible you want to permanently reduce the enemy side and not just temp disable them .....

We are somewhat limited in weaponry options under the oppressive EU regime.

This is where your creativity comes in.

Can't own a handgun, can you make/improvise one?
Can't own a rifle, can you make/inmprovise one?
Shotgun? Pellet gun? Wristrocket? IED? Can you buy tannerite?
Spear? Flamethrower?
I know you can buy gasoline & styrofoam, now find a squirtgun that will put it out a fair distance. Heck, small balloons & toss like a grenade.

If you cannot come up with creative solutions today, you will be dead tomorrow when you need them. Study, experiment, optimize, and be ready.

Never say never, a guy in this village recently had three men do a forced home intrusion, they attacked him with a 4lb lump hammer and a spade (shovel) they battered him half to death. took his valuable and stole his 4x4. 30 years ago the same guy was a black powder revolver shooter, he drove off two intrurders both armed with drives by firing one shot from his black powder pistol.

This is where your creativity comes in.

Can't own a handgun, can you make/improvise one?
Can't own a rifle, can you make/inmprovise one?
Shotgun? Pellet gun? Wristrocket? IED? Can you buy tannerite?
Spear? Flamethrower?
I know you can buy gasoline & styrofoam, now find a squirtgun that will put it out a fair distance. Heck, small balloons & toss like a grenade.

If you cannot come up with creative solutions today, you will be dead tomorrow when you need them. Study, experiment, optimize, and be ready.

Nailed it in one.

My ultra compact PCP airbullpup even though 12 ft pound can do real harm, as can my 80 pound pistol crossbow at close range, but my favourite is a large spray cans of RAID Wasp and Hornet Nest destroyer, got a range of up to 20 feet, you REALLY and I mean REALLY dont want that stuff on your face.

You CAN buy the Umarex 50 cal painball revolver for about £100 in the UK that fires 50 cal rubber coated steel ball bearings, , its 6 shot and the C)2 capsule stores in the gun but does not activate until you slap the bottom of the pistol grip. Gun from paintballdealers, rubber BBs from amazon.

Nailed it in one.

My ultra compact PCP airbullpup even though 12 ft pound can do real harm, as can my 80 pound pistol crossbow at close range, but my favourite is a large spray cans of RAID Wasp and Hornet Nest destroyer, got a range of up to 20 feet, you REALLY and I mean REALLY dont want that stuff on your face.

You CAN buy the Umarex 50 cal painball revolver for about £100 in the UK that fires 50 cal rubber coated steel ball bearings, , its 6 shot and the C)2 capsule stores in the gun but does not activate until you slap the bottom of the pistol grip. Gun from paintballdealers, rubber BBs from amazon.

Indeed. I do have an air rifle and a crossbow pistol too but i think loading that up if I was getting burgled in the night would take longer than setting off a fire extinguishers and clobbering someone.

Indeed. I do have an air rifle and a crossbow pistol too but i think loading that up if I was getting burgled in the night would take longer than setting off a fire extinguishers and clobbering someone.
a co2 powered air rifle could be left loaded, and the self cocking 80lb pistol crossbow takes only a flick of the elbow to cock.

Latest posts

Back