Home defense

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trouble with trying to compare any SHTF time around the world with the US >>> it's the firearm situation ...

the civilian firepower in the US is greatest size army in the world - if it was evenly distributed we all get a few ....

having the absolute guarantee of firearm(s) coming to your front door is different than any other country in the world - having someone tell you about defending yourself with pepper spray or edged weapons is just pure suicide - someone will be shooting you dead on your first confrontation ....

trouble with trying to compare any SHTF time around the world with the US >>> it's the firearm situation ...

the civilian firepower in the US is greatest size army in the world - if it was evenly distributed we all get a few ....

having the absolute guarantee of firearm(s) coming to your front door is different than any other country in the world - having someone tell you about defending yourself with pepper spray or edged weapons is just pure suicide - someone will be shooting you dead on your first confrontation ....
Your right about us having more firearms than anyone else. That really would make a difference in shtf. With such easy access you can pretty much guarantee every stranger to be armed and dangerous.

Your right about us having more firearms than anyone else. That really would make a difference in shtf. With such easy access you can pretty much guarantee every stranger to be armed and dangerous.

not necessarily everyone - but if there's a group - keep an eye on the guys in the back being screened >>> those will be your shooters for sure - double that if there's moms & kids a plenty ....

Couldn’t get auto translate on. Great door ideas, what about windows? Mine are upvc double glazed, I’m hoping they’re a bit stronger than bog standard glass. Don’t have to worry too much about guns over here. I’ve got a dog and a big axe, hoping they will do the trick. I was thinking razor wire on the back wall, it would be illegal now but I could stash it away until kick off. Wouldn’t put anything in the front, I’d think it would be an advertisement that I’ve got stuff to steal.

Couldn’t get auto translate on. Great door ideas, what about windows? Mine are upvc double glazed, I’m hoping they’re a bit stronger than bog standard glass. Don’t have to worry too much about guns over here. I’ve got a dog and a big axe, hoping they will do the trick. I was thinking razor wire on the back wall, it would be illegal now but I could stash it away until kick off. Wouldn’t put anything in the front, I’d think it would be an advertisement that I’ve got stuff to steal.

you want something with a reach and a "sticker" - axe is close contact and takes room to swing >>> look around for a pitch fork - your WW2 Home Guard was armed with pitch forks and museum scavaged pikes while weapons were reserved for the army ....

I do envy those of you in rural settings. I just want chickens and a well, I could even legitimise getting a shotgun. We are considering Wales but all the places away from main roads and towns that I saw advertised a few months ago have gone. I’m thinking a lot of people have the same idea and want somewhere remote.

a lot of people are trying to get out of London and the home counties for more rural places due to covid in the capital.
normally city incomers dont last long without their coffee shops and supermarkets on every corner, when we go to a supermarket its a 40 mile round trip and takes most of the morning.

I like the idea of a spear/ pitch fork. Broom handle, could be improvised in minutes 👍🏻

not sure what's available in the UK - but in the US a hedge clippers (big scissors) taken apart and de-handled is a big spear head ready to go - complete with an insertable tang ....

all kinds of replacement handles hanging in the hardware section that will accept the tang >> you got one mean looking Zulu spear ....

not sure what's available in the UK - but in the US a hedge clippers (big scissors) taken apart and de-handled is a big spear head ready to go - complete with an insertable tang ....

all kinds of replacement handles hanging in the hardware section that will accept the tang >> you got one mean looking Zulu spear ....
should be able to buy a pitchfork at a hardware or farmers store(Mole Valley Farmers have them at their stores).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back