homade waterproof matches

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
I've seen this done with candle wax: melt down a white candle, you can use tealight candles if you wish, and coat the match stick in the wax
wax somewhat waterproofs them like maybe 2 of 5 done will work right.

Now here's one better; clear fingernail polish: take your match sticks and coat them with the polish then let them dry, ive seen matches dunked and sit in water for 2 to 3 minutes and still light almost every time!
*****EDIT***
i just tryed to do the nail polish trick on normal matches, like you get from the liquer store, it DOES NOT WORK! use stick matches for this to work properly.

I've seen this done with candle wax: melt down a white candle, you can use tealight candles if you wish, and coat the match stick in the wax

Now here's one better; clear fingernail polish: take your match sticks and coat them with the polish then let them dry, ive seen matches dunked and sit in water for 2 to 3 minutes and still light almost every time!
I like these ideas and will have to try them out. Especially the nail polish trick.

ha, i just type in on google: how do i make homade (pick something)? and the stuff comes up, i found the polish like that on youtube!

ya, i didnt even think of the copyright stuff! if people put stuff on the internet they "should" expect it to get used elsewhere, but if you look at scientology, they sued wikileaks for putting up the operating thetan scripts, dont think they won though.

ya, i didnt even think of the copyright stuff! if people put stuff on the internet they "should" expect it to get used elsewhere, but if you look at scientology, they sued wikileaks for putting up the operating thetan scripts, dont think they won though.
It seems odd suing for copyright on "religious" material. I have always been under the impression that people are supposed to share their religious writings.

its a crazy thing, the levels of scientology, i dont want to bash here, as not to possably offend anyone but google: xanu or operating thetan 3, and pm me your thoughts. i like the wikipedia versions.

its a crazy thing, the levels of scientology, i dont want to bash here, as not to possably offend anyone but google: xanu or operating thetan 3, and pm me your thoughts. i like the wikipedia versions.
I will look in to that. I am interested in different religions and what makes them tick. Some I don't understand.

ya me too, and its kinda funny how most point back to the ,basicly, same thing, however, L. Ron Hubbard had a verrry different outlook.

*****EDIT***
i just tryed to do the nail polish trick on normal matches, like you get from the liquer store, it DOES NOT WORK! use stick matches for this to work properly.
This is useful for anytime a person is outdoors.thank you. I will be doing some of these for my SHTF emergency pack. Thank you so much for the details and the mention of all the steps.

Latest posts

Back