Historic wind event - Pacific Northwest Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like she caught this guy red handed. I am curious about how they catch someone that nobody sees? Seems like it would be easy to throw out a small amount of accelerant a match and keep on driving. The woods are so dense. It seems like it would be so easy to go undetected. I am glad that they are catching people, but it seems like law enforcement is facing an uphill battle.

That's why they have the investigators here from various agencies Federal and states. If there were no lightening around the time of reporting and no power lines in the area then they start looking at the human element. We have a good network of lightening strike sensors both space based and land based monitors, at this point NOAA is involved.

Sort of related to the fires, the Governors care package *sigh

Washington state is known for its apples -- but Gov. Jay Inslee didn't appear to do the popular fruit any public relations favors last week.

The Democrat, in an effort to bring comfort to communities in Eastern Washington devastated by recent wildfires, unknowingly and illegally gifted baskets of apples from his orchard in Olympia that were later found to be infested with apple maggot larvae, according to reports.

Thurston County, where Inslee lives, is an apple maggot quarantine area --meaning it was illegal for Inslee to bring homegrown apples from that area to a non-quarantine area like Douglas County, according to Q13 FOX in Seattle.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wa...ed-apples-to-wildfire-victims-regrets-mistake

Mav and Arctic, sorry you are caught up in this. Stay safe...as much as you can anyhow. If you can get your hands on P95 respirators, they have activated charcoal that absorbs some of the harmful stuff in smoke. They really work.

We picked up 8 3M 7501 respirators and a box of cartridges.

Today the smoke is so thick that we can't see any flames at the moment. Last night all we could see was a red glow to the west. We're going out soon and will talk with the fire crews. As of last night the fire was just west of our driveway. I think they're making headway, but they're calling for strong winds out of the west tonight.
Right now I'm taking pictures of all of our stuff in case we need to file a claim when this is all over.
The forecast is still calling for thunderstorms on Saturday.
The wife was supposed to go to work yesterday but she delayed her flight until Sunday. She's devious. She knows that I wouldn't leave this place if I was alone.

Today the smoke is so thick that we can't see any flames at the moment. Last night all we could see was a red glow to the west. We're going out soon and will talk with the fire crews. As of last night the fire was just west of our driveway. I think they're making headway, but they're calling for strong winds out of the west tonight.
Right now I'm taking pictures of all of our stuff in case we need to file a claim when this is all over.
The wife was supposed to go to work yesterday but she delayed her flight until Sunday. She's devious. She knows that I wouldn't leave this place if I was alone.

She is smart Arctic, and clearly loves her man! You have shown yourself to be less than cautious with your health, so i am applauding her!

Thank goodness for your wife’s devious nature 😊

Heavy smoke again today. I haven't been feeling too good. I think the smoke is getting to me. Been trying to stay inside as much as possible, except for chores.
Drove up to the fire line earlier today. The line is probably another half mile closer but what we saw was mostly smoldering brush and trees, no major flames. That's the good part. The bad news is the wind has really picked up. At this time it's blowing out of the south east. They expect it to change direction and blow from the west. The fire is over 100,000 acres now and is probably 40 miles north to south. I've heard of several homes burning down south.
We're still loaded and ready to leave if necessary.

Heavy smoke again today. I haven't been feeling too good. I think the smoke is getting to me. Been trying to stay inside as much as possible, except for chores.
Drove up to the fire line earlier today. The line is probably another half mile closer but what we saw was mostly smoldering brush and trees, no major flames. That's the good part. The bad news is the wind has really picked up. At this time it's blowing out of the south east. They expect it to change direction and blow from the west. The fire is over 100,000 acres now and is probably 40 miles north to south. I've heard of several homes burning down south.
We're still loaded and ready to leave if necessary.

It is a relief to hear from you Arctic. The smoke has to be making you sick. Did you see the type of mask Mav picked up? He said it works pretty well. Relieved you and your wife are okay.

It is a relief to hear from you Arctic. The smoke has to be making you sick. Did you see the type of mask Mav picked up? He said it works pretty well. Relieved you and your wife are okay.
Thanks GP. I might pick up some of the masks Mav mentioned. Although there was an "expert" on tv last night that said masks don't work for smoke.
We had 6 drops of rain today. They're calling for thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. Probably without rain depending on the weathermans mood.

Thanks GP. I might pick up some of the masks Mav mentioned. Although there was an "expert" on tv last night that said masks don't work for smoke.
We had 6 drops of rain today. They're calling for thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. Probably without rain depending on the weathermans mood.
Some 性交ing expert! Doesn't even know the difference between a N95 mask and a P95 respirator. P95 respirators absolutely work for smoke. The activated charcoal in the P95 filter absorbs organic vapors and the N95 filter blocks particulates. Of course surgical masks don't, they don't have activated charcoal DUH! When I roast coffee inside I have to wear my P95 because of the smoke the coffee puts off while roasting. I can't even smell the smoke with the P95 respirator on.

P95/P100 respirators work, mask don't such as N95

Have you been able to go back home Mav? I sure hope everything stays good where you are I hadn't see an update from Arctic, but did see he has been on today a little after 11:30.

I drove up their today but too smokey, kids are taking turns spending a few hours at a time watching over the place, the smoke got to me and still haven't fully recovered. Me, Wife and kids been talking about some life changes, I'll talk more about it later.

Latest posts

Back