Historic wind event - Pacific Northwest Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The evil b@$tards that are starting these fires deserve tortured.

I don't know which would be better, lower them slowly into boiling oil, or Mason Verger's hog torture from Hannibal (eaten alive by hogs starting at the feet). Burning at the stake might be more appropriate but it seems too humane, LOL.

This is a hard read, beyond words :(

Oregon wildfires trigger heartbreak for man searching for wife, teen son, mother-in-law
Chris Tofte encountered a severely burned woman who whispered to him, 'I am your wife'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-wildfires-search-burned-wife-teen-son-mother-in-law
https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...fire-growth-oregon-santiam-canyon/3474149001/Was mother nature the real cause? Or did it have help from people who were cutting down the power lines? Is there even an answer to make that situation easier to accept? I just dont know. . .

The rain we had was short lived, rain forecast for Fri and Sat, they are no longer calling for lightening. The AQI is going to be above 380 the rest of the week into the weekend. We haven't been cooking since we got here, we been eating cold sandwiches lunch and dinner, cold cereal in the morning. I'm using an electric percolator for my coffee, got to have my coffee. We aren't using the gas stove until the AQI goes down.... I miss my pipe!

Praying for thunderstorm on Saturday that brings rain. And the fires spare your place until then. Please take no chances and tell me you are at the church or someplace other than home.
Actually we're at home tonight. Just drove up to the fire line and talked with the fire boss. He thinks we should be ok for the night. There's no wind tonight.

Actually we're at home tonight. Just drove up to the fire line and talked with the fire boss. He thinks we should be ok for the night. There's no wind tonight.

Hoping you and your wife are hanging in there Arctic and that your home is still safe. Let us know when you can.

Last edited:
Oregon wildfires: Woman seen holding suspected arsonist at gunpoint
The woman said she won’t be as nice should she face the same situation again

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-wildfires-woman-seen-holding-suspected-arsonist-at-gunpoint
Oregon.jpg

33216186-8735775-image-a-46_1600190720133.jpg

Apparently the Feds thinks most of these fire are human caused including Cali, Oregon and Washington Fire Marshals.

We have the ATF and USFA (US Fire Administration), my old job LEI (USFS Law Enforcement & Investigations), the FBI were the first to be here. A lot of investigators here.

Last night we had a "great" view of the fires just west of us. The sound these fires make is really frightning. Today is so smokey that we can't see very far and breathing is difficult. The fire planes and helicopters can't fly today. But we did see several more tankers coming up the road today. The FS cut a fire line on our west side hoping to stop the fires advance our direction. What worries me now is the fire is working around to the south of us. If it crosses the road then that will block our only way out and we'll have to head north if it's not blocked in that direction too. We left a truck and trailer load of stuff down at a friend's irrigated hay field. Both Jeeps are loaded and ready to leave too.

Just talked to the fire boss. He said we should be ok at home tonight but the winds are expected to pick up tonight and tomorrow. He said it will push the fire in our direction. We can be out of here in 10 minutes if we have to leave again.
Is there any way to redistribute all that rain that their getting down south? It just doesn't seem fair. Nobody needs that much rain.

Just talked to the fire boss. He said we should be ok at home tonight but the winds are expected to pick up tonight and tomorrow. He said it will push the fire in our direction. We can be out of here in 10 minutes if we have to leave again.
Is there any way to redistribute all that rain that their getting down south? It just doesn't seem fair. Nobody needs that much rain.
Stay safe. I feel anxious just reading your post. The thought of getting trapped freaks me out.

Last edited:
Oregon wildfires: Woman seen holding suspected arsonist at gunpoint
The woman said she won’t be as nice should she face the same situation again

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-wildfires-woman-seen-holding-suspected-arsonist-at-gunpoint
View attachment 11174

View attachment 11175
Seems like she caught this guy red handed. I am curious about how they catch someone that nobody sees? It would be easy to throw out a small amount of accelerant a match and keep on driving. The woods are so dense. It would be so easy to go undetected. I am glad that they are catching people, but it seems like law enforcement is facing an uphill battle.

Last edited:

Arctic, I’m hyperventilating reading your posts. Please leave, if you haven’t already.

Arctic, I’m hyperventilating reading your posts. Please leave, if you haven’t already.
Yep, he's stressing me out too! I just got to remember he is the one in this situation and he will do what is best for him and his wife. I can understand not wanting to leave. . . And I may be doing the same in his situation. I didn't evacuate even knowing a Cat 4 hurricane was heading our way.. . Although I would take a hurricane over a fire anyday.

Latest posts

Back