Historic wind event - Pacific Northwest Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got the first load out. The fire is moving down the mountain towards our place. We're heading back up soon to get the last of the vehicles and try moving the cattle around to the east. The last thing I have to do is shoot the bull. That'll hurt more than anything.
Just be careful!

Made it back home. The sheriff closed the only road up to this area, except to a few locals. Talked to the fire boss just now. He said we have about 2 hours before the fire reaches the west side of our place. Got a few more things to get first then I'm going to open the gates on the east and south and try driving the cattle out. I don't think I can bring myself to shoot Johnny (the bull).

Just talked to the sheriff. We're at level 3 evacuation now. Starting to pack up. I'll open the gates and let the livestock out. I'll have to shoot the crippled bull before we leave.
When I read this post my heart just sank for you and your wife and I have been checking up to see if you have been posting updates quite regularly today. I know what it took to get our place to where it is and yours is amplified by a 1000 times. You put your heart and soul into I know. I am glad that your wife is there to help you out. All I want to see right now is another update saying you are both ok, safe and away from the fires.

The reality.
“The sun doesn’t seem to rise or set. The sky gets a little bit brighter and a little bit darker and that’s how you know the day is starting or ending, the air quality ranked among the worst in the world"

I'm seeing a lot of this on the side of the road here.
goats.jpg

This is the second time in the last 10 years we have been chased off the property, my dad owned property here since 1975 he purchased from my great uncles, I have never heard from my uncles nor have I seen of a fire season this bad affecting such a wide area in so many states as I have had in 2020. They are saying these fires can burn well into winter, lot of things are just flat out going bad. The AQI is at 528 right now, the smoke is not letting up. They are saying 45% of the population with in the smoke is going to develop permanent lung damage.

So, how are we dealing with the smoke? we have the house shut tight as could be, we are running 5 Honeywell 50300 HEPA air purifier that pulls through 465 square feet per hour on turbo per unit. It's loud especially with 5 of them going. we have plastic around the exterior doors (outside/inside of the door, if we need to go outside or come in, we get on the other side of the plastic before opening the door. I have two windows raised about 3" with carbon filter in the opening (living room and kitchen) the stove exhaust fan to the outside is constantly running to help pull air through the carbon in the windows. Not having a filtered nuclear fallout shelter in my back pocket this is the best I can do at the moment :-/

I'm fine, worried about Arctic, he's in a bad situation, the Smoke pushed me off the property totally different when a fire pushes you off :(
Good Lord knows I have already been praying for Arctics safety. He is tough as we all know, but I still worry. You guys are both very dear to me and what you are dealing with is just sereal for me. I deal with hurricanes and tornadoes with no BIG issues but what you guys are dealing with, with these fires is just unbelievable. . . .

Latest posts

Back