Historic wind event - Pacific Northwest Monday 9/7/2020 ends Wednesday 9/9/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I read the air was clear I nearly jumped out of my chair. That didn’t last of course. Geez, when will this hell end?!
They are predicting some rain on Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it. Usually a "heavy" rain around here is less than 1/4". Its likely that this fire will burn until it snows.
I took the wife to the airport yesterday so she could go back to work and not deal with this. She'll be at work sometime this evening.
Yes, fire is hell. A lot of people have it a lot worse than we do. My wife's uncle, 2 cousins and my niece have all lost homes, and everything they own, to fires this year. Her 85 year old uncle is in the hospital now with stress related issues.
My next house is going to be a boat.

They are predicting some rain on Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it. Usually a "heavy" rain around here is less than 1/4". Its likely that this fire will burn until it snows.
I took the wife to the airport yesterday so she could go back to work and not deal with this. She'll be at work sometime this evening.
Yes, fire is hell. A lot of people have it a lot worse than we do. My wife's uncle, 2 cousins and my niece have all lost homes, and everything they own, to fires this year. Her 85 year old uncle is in the hospital now with stress related issues.
My next house is going to be a boat.

The stress of not being able to co trol whether or not you lose everything would get to most folks. My heart goes out to your family Arctic and more prayers for your home to stay safe.

The stress of not being able to co trol whether or not you lose everything would get to most folks. My heart goes out to your family Arctic and more prayers for your home to stay safe.
Thanks GP. The fire is now just a couple patches of timber away before it reaches some grasslands and then It could make a quick run to our place.
The FS is staging another dozer by the end of our driveway in case they need to cut in some more fire breaks. The fire boss said that if the fire reaches the grassland that they'll call in some ariel tankers to protect our house.

It's been raining the last three days. A lot of busy body's running around. We used a ditchwitch and trenched 207 feet to the stable office from the house, laid scheduel-80 conduit and ran an intercom wires, CAT-6 for cameras and shielded CAT-8 ethernet cable. Today they are trenching from the house to where the entrance gate to the driveway will be and get the scheduel-80 laid. Tomorrow they are poring a slab for the 500gal propane tank and generator for the well house. We had 8 tons of hay delivered for the 2 horses and the 2 mules plus one of Lisa's friends dropped off 60 bales of timothy hay (it's what we mix in with the straw hay for the mules)

It's all coming together, we should have the important stuff taken care of before the first snow fall. I'm starting to think of a conspiracy between Lisa and the kids, things are going a little too smooth like it was all pre-planned, not complaining just suspicious.

Another smokey dusty morning here. Everything is coated in a fine grey soot, inside and out. We're getting a strong wind blowing in from the west this morning. The fire lines to the west of us seem to be holding so far. Not so much to our south and north. The smoke is so think that it's still kind of dark out and I'm not getting much solar power.
I'm finially feeling that we're out of danger. The fire crews have done a great job of keeping the fire away from our place.
When we evacuated I had a load of hay on my trailer that I had to just dump off on the ground in order to load our important stuff. In going to load it back up (6 ton) and haul it to the barn and if I have time I'll go get another load today. I'm going to try and hire someone to help get the rest of my hay in. I've got about 45 ton left to get.
I made a trade of our crippled bull for 6 cord of firewood.

It's been raining the last three days. A lot of busy body's running around. We used a ditchwitch and trenched 207 feet to the stable office from the house, laid scheduel-80 conduit and ran an intercom wires, CAT-6 for cameras and shielded CAT-8 ethernet cable. Today they are trenching from the house to where the entrance gate to the driveway will be and get the scheduel-80 laid. Tomorrow they are poring a slab for the 500gal propane tank and generator for the well house. We had 8 tons of hay delivered for the 2 horses and the 2 mules plus one of Lisa's friends dropped off 60 bales of timothy hay (it's what we mix in with the straw hay for the mules)

It's all coming together, we should have the important stuff taken care of before the first snow fall. I'm starting to think of a conspiracy between Lisa and the kids, things are going a little too smooth like it was all pre-planned, not complaining just suspicious.

Amazing progress to be sure!! My goodness! 8 tons of hay!

Another smokey dusty morning here. Everything is coated in a fine grey soot, inside and out. We're getting a strong wind blowing in from the west this morning. The fire lines to the west of us seem to be holding so far. Not so much to our south and north. The smoke is so think that it's still kind of dark out and I'm not getting much solar power.
I'm finially feeling that we're out of danger. The fire crews have done a great job of keeping the fire away from our place.
When we evacuated I had a load of hay on my trailer that I had to just dump off on the ground in order to load our important stuff. In going to load it back up (6 ton) and haul it to the barn and if I have time I'll go get another load today. I'm going to try and hire someone to help get the rest of my hay in. I've got about 45 ton left to get.
I made a trade of our crippled bull for 6 cord of firewood.

Good to hear you and your place are still safe Arctic! Crossing my fingers you can get the help you need for the hay. 🤞

Good to hear you and your place are still safe Arctic! Crossing my fingers you can get the help you need for the hay. 🤞
No luck finding help yet. May call the Indian girl and see if she's available.
I spent part of the day working on the waterfowl habitat AKA duck house. I still managed to put 2 ton of hay in the barn today. I load 8 bales in the tractor bucket and drive over to the barn and dump them on the hay stack. Then climb up and stack them. Its slow going but I only have another 4 ton left on the ground. Tomorrow I'll start hauling home more hay. I can carry 6 ton on my trailer and have 9 more loads to get.

No luck finding help yet. May call the Indian girl and see if she's available.
I spent part of the day working on the waterfowl habitat AKA duck house. I still managed to put 2 ton of hay in the barn today. I load 8 bales in the tractor bucket and drive over to the barn and dump them on the hay stack. Then climb up and stack them. Its slow going but I only have another 4 ton left on the ground. Tomorrow I'll start hauling home more hay. I can carry 6 ton on my trailer and have 9 more loads to get.
Oh how I wish I could send the boys out to help you right now, heck I would even help you out myself if you were close by. You and Mav both.

Latest posts

Back