Hippies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenv1950

Reaction score
The real Hippies might have the right idea . I'm in my 70's so you know I was there (not one though). I have a couple of them living near by . Please , I'm not trying to put anyone down for their way of life.
One of them is a friend for over 30 yrs. nothing of whats going on bothers him at all , kinda like Tao (goes with the flow) lives on the mountain in a shack (it fell down a couple times) it gets cold here , sometimes
25 - 30 below . Doesn't believe in soap (bad for the skin) hasn't shaved or cut his hair since the 60's . I know he hasn't taken a bath in 30 yrs. and he's happy ! although he has been stoned for 60 yrs. . The other couple are country hippies , been living off grid their whole life , a few yrs. ago his wife did shoot him with a 30/30 (he lived)
YES , I'm just sitting around bored . I ramble sometimes to get todays world off my mind for a little while :)

LOL. So funny. I confess, I, too, have entered the 70-decade. I was in college in the late 60's. This post brings back so many memories of my UT days. We used to watch the stoners at Armadillo World Headquarters just to hear great live bands. Not sure which was more entertaining. LOL Oh, and the noxious scent of patchouli soaps and shampoos.............a world of unpleasant olfactory memories walking by hippies on the drag by campus. LOL

I am the youngest with all brothers 3 brothers and 4 step. Grew up with 5 of them. I learned a lot about boys at a young age. The main reason I didn't date was watching them in action.

This was in the 70s and I was young but saw the 70s through their shenanigans.

I saw them experiment with lots of substances and they were always in bands so my parents and I went to lots of their concerts.

70s music is the best. Disco sucks.

Well, I can remember what came before the hippies...the beatniks.

iu

LOL. So funny. I confess, I, too, have entered the 70-decade. I was in college in the late 60's. This post brings back so many memories of my UT days. We used to watch the stoners at Armadillo World Headquarters just to hear great live bands. Not sure which was more entertaining. LOL Oh, and the noxious scent of patchouli soaps and shampoos.............a world of unpleasant olfactory memories walking by hippies on the drag by campus. LOL

Latest posts

Back