Hiking spots in South Carolina?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any good hiking spots in South Carolina to tryout my friends and I bugout bags out? I want try get into shape atleast for when shits hits the fan, i will know i am shape. i was looking for least 8 mile hike to start with. we live near savannah,ga.

I was wondering if there is any good hiking spots in South Carolina to tryout my friends and I bugout bags out? I want try get into shape atleast for when shits hits the fan, i will know i am shape. i was looking for least 8 mile hike to start with. we live near savannah,ga.
Well can tell you about So.Cal but i guess that wont help. I am glad to hear someone is trying out there gear. Let us know how it goes.

Around that are I don't think there is any 'good' hiking. It mostly flat, although if you want to try them out go to the beach and walk 8 miles there is the lose sand away from the water line. You want to know if your in shape trekking over sand is going to let you know real quick where you are weak.

If you don't mind a bit of travel to get to a good spot there is Blarisville GA. Blood Mountain is the start of the Appalachian Trail. It's pretty well traveld and patrolled so its a safe way to get in a real good hike. There is also Bald Mountain State Park, in the same area. Not 8 miles, but the bloody thing has a trail that has a damn near vertical hiking trail that is about a mile long. Also gives new meaning to the mile high club!!

I lived in Anderson SC about 45 minutes SW of Greenville. Nice place, not too much crime, and a five minute drive from downtown puts you into rolling hills and fields. Small enough not to have too much crap other than some drug growing, but big enough to escape the small town drama. And the prices are great for almost everything there. I had a three bedroom traile that I was buying and it was only 350 a month. Electric and water only ran 60 a month and the cable was pretty much normal. Pleanty of Aldi's and Save-a-lots there as well. And TWO count them TWO, Wal-Marts!! :)And the Jockey Lot is there. I listed it in the Flea Market thread I started. Take a look and let me know what you think!! :)

I lived in Anderson SC about 45 minutes SW of Greenville. Nice place, not too much crime, and a five minute drive from downtown puts you into rolling hills and fields. Small enough not to have too much crap other than some drug growing, but big enough to escape the small town drama. And the prices are great for almost everything there. I had a three bedroom traile that I was buying and it was only 350 a month. Electric and water only ran 60 a month and the cable was pretty much normal. Pleanty of Aldi's and Save-a-lots there as well. And TWO count them TWO, Wal-Marts!! :)And the Jockey Lot is there. I listed it in the Flea Market thread I started. Take a look and let me know what you think!! :)

Will do man, heck mabe could find a second emergency back up bug out location / site if shtf really bad lol. But will keep ya updated man, thx. And yes Aldis, and save alot, and walmart great combo. ha.

Yea, my brother-inlaw lived in clemson area. He took me to couple of good trails out that way, i dont want travel 4 hours away for a hiking trail but looks like i'll have to. I mean sure i am about 10miles from the beach. Thanx for the info though.

Yea, my brother-inlaw lived in clemson area. He took me to couple of good trails out that way, i dont want travel 4 hours away for a hiking trail but looks like i'll have to. I mean sure i am about 10miles from the beach. Thanx for the info though.

Well like I said, humping a pack across sand will tell the men from the boys. I had ALWAYS thought hiking up a winding steep mountain trail was the worse until I got sent to the sandbox. That damn sand ALWAYS shifts under your feet and contantly makes you have to adjust because of it. Do that for a few months and trails that mountain goats are afraid of will seem a breeze.

Latest posts

Back