High lifter Water Pump

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Bucini

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the high lifter water pump. It is like a ram pump but needs far less water flow and will pump a lot higher elevations. I have just purchased one and will be hooking it up when it arrives ( back ordered 3 weeks) Curious to anyone that is using or has used one.

I only use Bison deep well hand pumps 300 feet vertical lift as a backup to my electrical pump.
I only use Bison deep well hand pumps 300 feet vertical lift as a backup to my electrical pump.
My site has no power, but has a small creek on the property (300 feet in elevation) (1700 ft in distance) to my bug out cabin. I have a one inch poly pipe installed at the creek with 80 feet of head
(35 psi) run to where I will be installing the gravity pump. The specs on the pump say I should get 700 gallons a day with 3 gpm flow thjough the pump at that rise

Has anyone had experience with the high lifter water pump. It is like a ram pump but needs far less water flow and will pump a lot higher elevations. I have just purchased one and will be hooking it up when it arrives ( back ordered 3 weeks) Curious to anyone that is using or has used one.
That's a new one to me. I made a ram pump but did not have the drop in elevation to make it really effective. I'll look into it but would love pictures and reviews of yours.

If you google High lifter pump, you can get all the information from humbolt or other manufacture reps of this pump. The thing I cant find on line is a lot of reviews about them. Hope it is not one of those things to good to be true, Ive spent a great deal of time getting everything ready to hook it up when it comes
(900 feet of poly 1")
(1700 feet of PVC 3/4}
1500 gallon poly tank

If you google High lifter pump, you can get all the information from humbolt or other manufacture reps of this pump. The thing I cant find on line is a lot of reviews about them. Hope it is not one of those things to good to be true, Ive spent a great deal of time getting everything ready to hook it up when it comes
(900 feet of poly 1")
(1700 feet of PVC 3/4}
1500 gallon poly tank
I'm really intrigued by it. I wasn't able to find what the minimum head is that it will operate at. I specifically have approximately 6' elevation drop in the front creek which was not enough for the ram pump to operate effectively. I went on amazon and asked a question of the seller about it and got a generic answer from them that didn't give me an answer. Probably computer generated. I replied with a more specific question and will see what they respond with.

Years ago my uncle had a gold mine over the hill from his cabin. I don't remember all the details now but he installed something like a ram pump to dewater the mine plus to provide water to the cabin. He had all the water he needed for the cabin, garden and livestock.

Years ago my uncle had a gold mine over the hill from his cabin. I don't remember all the details now but he installed something like a ram pump to dewater the mine plus to provide water to the cabin. He had all the water he needed for the cabin, garden and livestock.
They really work and are simple to build for just over 100 bucks. It looks like the high lifter says it is an improved version of the ram, but that might just be a marketing gimmick. The whole thing though is they need to be at a lower elevation than the water source as they use the weight of the water in the inlet pipe to drive the pump. The higher the elevation the better. I wonder about this new version as it starts over 1000.00, but if it really is an improved design I think it's worth looking into

They really work and are simple to build for just over 100 bucks. It looks like the high lifter says it is an improved version of the ram, but that might just be a marketing gimmick. The whole thing though is they need to be at a lower elevation than the water source as they use the weight of the water in the inlet pipe to drive the pump. The higher the elevation the better. I wonder about this new version as it starts over 1000.00, but if it really is an improved design I think it's worth looking into
The highlifter supposedly works with a differential in piston areas causing leverage to lift the water where the ram uses waterhammer to force the water through a checkvalve. The difference in area on the pistons is what gives the mechanical advantage. By changing these ratios the pump can either lift higher with more wasted volume or less with less wasted volume. I chose the 9.5 to 1 ratio which uses basically nine and a half gallons to pump one gallon, Will see how she works here in a week or so when I get it, Ill keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back