Hi.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay

God Like
Reaction score
New to this, in the research stages. Hope to be educated. I am interested in food prep/storage/preservation. I live in Australia, and believe that soon the economy will go belly up. I have 18yrs military service & 15 yrs in law enforcement. As I am new to this, I am starting frm scratch with food/water. Any ideas?

New to this, in the research stages. Hope to be educated. I am interested in food prep/storage/preservation. I live in Australia, and believe that soon the economy will go belly up. I have 18yrs military service & 15 yrs in law enforcement. As I am new to this, I am starting frm scratch with food/water. Any ideas?
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Food and water is a good place to start. For me I then went to personal protection. In my opinion this is going to be come a hard road to tow in a short time.

Are you allowed to have firearms in Australia?

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Sup Jayjay? Glad to have you aboard! Food and water are great, and there are many different threads on this site where we talk about those items. Personally I use dehydration and vacuum sealing in plastic for food. Just buy a bit more food than you already do and then dehydrate the extra. Can use meats, veggies and fruits and they last forever once you vacuum seal them.

As for water it depends on your location. If you have water nearby simply buy purification tablets or a purifyer. If not you can order emergency water packs (64 for 30 bucks) online.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. A lot of knowledge here and plenty of people willing to help out.

Welcome! It seems like there are some Aussies with big worries these days! I think we have more than a handful of members from down under.

I would poke around a bit, truthfully. I think there are a lot of threads that will be of good help to you here. There are a lot of questions there and there a lot of threads dealing with your specific questions.

Thanks again for joining. I look forward to having you around!

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Ok, to answer some questions - we have very restricted gun laws here - no semi autos to start with, (unless you are famer) and can show cause to warrant one. Other rifles, and pistols are ok (at the moment), but there are strict guidelines re purchasing, licences, storing etc.

I am about to buy a dehydrator, and have started to start a small food cache. Water is ok, as have a large water tank, and trying to get more fitted to our sheds. Personal protection is not really a worry as am trained in hand to hand, and weapons.

Yes, there are a lot of worries re our economy. Our past government (liberal party under John Howard) had us in a surplus of 17bn $, but I guess the people got tired of him, and elected in the labour party, now a rudderless ship with Julia Gillard at the helm. Our surplus is now a debt of approx 150bn $. Pales in comparison to the US, but we only have a population of approx. 23 million.

Jay

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Ok, to answer some questions - we have very restricted gun laws here - no semi autos to start with, (unless you are famer) and can show cause to warrant one. Other rifles, and pistols are ok (at the moment), but there are strict guidelines re purchasing, licences, storing etc.

I am about to buy a dehydrator, and have started to start a small food cache. Water is ok, as have a large water tank, and trying to get more fitted to our sheds. Personal protection is not really a worry as am trained in hand to hand, and weapons.

Yes, there are a lot of worries re our economy. Our past government (liberal party under John Howard) had us in a surplus of 17bn $, but I guess the people got tired of him, and elected in the labour party, now a rudderless ship with Julia Gillard at the helm. Our surplus is now a debt of approx 150bn $. Pales in comparison to the US, but we only have a population of approx. 23 million.

Jay
I will trade you Julia Gillard for obama. I figure she can't be any worse! I would rather have a president of "no action" than obama and his "wrong action"

I will trade you Julia Gillard for obama. I figure she can't be any worse! I would rather have a president of "no action" than obama and his "wrong action"

Totally agree Clyds! They say even the wrong action is better than no action, but I don't think that applies to politics and decisions where millions of people depnd on your stupidity.

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined, for food i stock what i like to eat and rotate it. That way i don't have a bunch of food that hopefully wont be used. I am i California so I prep for earthquakes with a 30 day food and water/ fuel and supplies. So here on this site there are a lot of different styles of prepping. Which in turns gives us a lot of good ideas.

That would make for an interesting debate - Gillard or Obama!!!! Our current govt. is a minority ruling government, the majority held because of 2 independant senators siding with Gillard, and the Greens Party (they are really watermelons - green on the outside, red in the middle). So she has to please them, especially the greens with their often extreme left wing views. Hopefully next election there will be a clean sweep in parliament. Unfortunately it's not just the Federal govt going broke, but state govts are critically in debt too. Here in South Australia our state govt is practically broke, and there are more and more cuts to spending. Welfare is starting to be cut, and its no secret our defence budget was slashed so much that it has never been at such a low percentage of govt spending since 1933. At least you guys still pump defence full of cash!!!

Hope all of you had a good Christmas.

Jay

PS - is there a way to message a member without posting mesages for all to see???

That would make for an interesting debate - Gillard or Obama!!!! Our current govt. is a minority ruling government, the majority held because of 2 independant senators siding with Gillard, and the Greens Party (they are really watermelons - green on the outside, red in the middle). So she has to please them, especially the greens with their often extreme left wing views. Hopefully next election there will be a clean sweep in parliament. Unfortunately it's not just the Federal govt going broke, but state govts are critically in debt too. Here in South Australia our state govt is practically broke, and there are more and more cuts to spending. Welfare is starting to be cut, and its no secret our defence budget was slashed so much that it has never been at such a low percentage of govt spending since 1933. At least you guys still pump defence full of cash!!!

Hope all of you had a good Christmas.

Jay

PS - is there a way to message a member without posting mesages for all to see???

Yes Jay you click on their profile pic and it will bring up a little list. There should be a link that says start conversation. Click that and you will be in a private messageing with that person.

Latest posts

Back