Hi

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyReisch

Reaction score
I'm new here and basically new to prepping. I'm sort of starting out small, just for disasters and stuff. I'm originally from south Jersey but now I live in upstate NY. Hurricane Sandy got me thinking a lot so I guess its time to start since nothing is guaranteed to last. A lot of my friends got hit very hard due to the hurricane and my heart goes out to them.

So I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and its been an eye opener for me. I barely scratched the surface. Anyway, I'm here to learn from other's experiences and become more self reliant.

I guess that's all I have to say for the moment...

Amy

I'm new here and basically new to prepping. I'm sort of starting out small, just for disasters and stuff. I'm originally from south Jersey but now I live in upstate NY. Hurricane Sandy got me thinking a lot so I guess its time to start since nothing is guaranteed to last. A lot of my friends got hit very hard due to the hurricane and my heart goes out to them.

So I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and its been an eye opener for me. I barely scratched the surface. Anyway, I'm here to learn from other's experiences and become more self reliant.

I guess that's all I have to say for the moment...

Amy
Good day to you!
I too started by prepping for a natural disaster since I live in earthquake country.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

AmyReisch, just like clydesdale said, welcome to the forum once more and great to see that you joined the community and once more ask questions freely we all will try to answer it asap in a timely fast manner. I myself did get into the prepping field cause i myself live in tornado alley ha lol and other reason is id rather be prepared instead of FUBAR or SNAFU :USA:.

when I drove a semi cross country I noticed that New York has two parts....
1. New York City
2. Everything else

That' almost like we have two seasons -- Winter & construction season......

I think we have three parts if you look at it from South moving north......NYC, everything else, and the land time forgot just over the Adirondacks. I live in the latter. We don't think about the rest of the state, we think about Canada.

Greetings and Welcome.
You have joined a really great group of people here.
We are jacks of many trades.
Ask a question and it will probably be answerd timely and in a way you can relate.
Again, welcome.

Be well.prep well.

Latest posts

Back