hi

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Brent,everyone has there preferences but my bob is basically a survival kit with upgrades. I do alot of backpacking so all that gear as well. I've packed up in the sierra mnts for a month before and pretty comfy doing it.

I wish i lived closer to that area im in the south i grew up in the woods but are winters are mild an misquitoes are horrible i get outin winter sometimes. I been toating a old medium alice pack for years an was thinking about gerting something different but for the price an all th surlpus stuff its hard to try something different

Welcome. Don't be afraid to share you knowledge, it's what makes this website.

Thanks im really open to new ideas and how ppl do things its how i know alot of what i kno im a welder been doing it for ten years i mechanic some to i build an fix any thing and if i cant i kno guys.that can help im new to this site i need some help with stuff to and im open to new ideas if i can help anybody with anything send me a message i will see what i can do

Hello everybody im new to the site im a welder i been prepping for a while now
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey man hows it going i work in shipyards an we do weld in the rain sometimes you can get away with some light to mild rain we use 7018 in our department you can use others the main thing is keeping rods dry when they get wet they fall apart becoming useless if its a light or mild rain an you can shield over the rods that would work better an depending on how wet they get it can effect your weld quality but we do it all day in the rain sometimes just try to keep your rods dry we also fluxcore in the rain it works a better in my opnion as long as your surface is reasonably dry light rain all day maybe wipe your steel if you wet a puddle on special metals i really cant say what the best is but steel can be forgiving some thing that will also work is brazing if you got a tourch cause your tourch will evaporate water while you braze ppl been brazing since the 40s an still some welds are holding today we braze copper nickle sometimes but steel works good to what kinda metal are you working on?

Im really not sure on this but i will check out if their is some rods you can use in the rain i will let ya know when i find something out

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Plenty of knowledgeable members here always willing to help out, if you need anything just ask :)

Welcome and enjoy!!

Latest posts

Back