hi

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing is a problem until it is a problem. Lack of planning always leads to failure. When it hits the fan, it will not be like some video game. There will not be any do-overs. Bugging out requires extensive detailed planning and preparation. I don't see any of that in your Plan A posts.

Nothing is a problem until it is a problem. Lack of planning always leads to failure. When it hits the fan, it will not be like some video game.
I don't play computer games.
There will not be any do-overs. Bugging out requires extensive detailed planning and preparation. I don't see any of that in your Plan A posts.
Good. Opsec is the most important fundamental to any plan. Leave the public planning to local bureaucrats

It is not possible to forensically prepare for an unknown event. Simply not possible. Get your basic survival skills under your belt, and then improvise from there. Plans can become the albatros around the neck when too heavy, too relied on. In a time of mass panic and chaos, you won't survive with a detailed plan. You will survive by having skills, listening to your gut, intelligently adapating from one situation to the next.

Last edited:
O and... let's not forget... in the early days, every bright idea you think you and only you are coming up with... several hundreds of thousands if not at times millions will be having it too...

So.. work on your ego. Know your self, your weaknesses. But work on the ego. The ego will get you killed.

Good Opsec is required but no matter how good your Opsec is, failure to plan is planning to fail. Your posts continue to be generic responses and provide no useful information for any of the forum members. Here is a simple example that does not require any disclosure of Opsec information. Channel crossing will require knowing the weather located in your chosen departure point. What will the tides be -- high tide or low tide, at any given departure time. The person bugging out will need to know the weight limit / carrying capacity of the of the boat being used. Will the boat be motorized or sail driven? If motor driven, how much fuel will be required? Should the motor fail, will you be able to continue the journey? These are just a few sample question needed to prepare for a channel crossing. I am sure many others will be interested in how you plan (?) to deal with these issues, other than not a problem.

Good Opsec is required but no matter how good your Opsec is, failure to plan is planning to fail. Your posts continue to be generic responses and provide no useful information for any of the forum members. Here is a simple example that does not require any disclosure of Opsec information. Channel crossing will require knowing the weather located in your chosen departure point. What will the tides be -- high tide or low tide, at any given departure time. The person bugging out will need to know the weight limit / carrying capacity of the of the boat being used. Will the boat be motorized or sail driven? If motor driven, how much fuel will be required? Should the motor fail, will you be able to continue the journey? These are just a few sample question needed to prepare for a channel crossing. I am sure many others will be interested in how you plan (?) to deal with these issues, other than not a problem.
For anyone in the UK considering crossing the English Channel with no prior experience, my advice is, DON'T. It's only 20 or so miles as the crow flies but can be extremely dangerous and challenging even to very experienced sailors in modern boats with modern equipment. Seas swells can be horrific. Double high tides and low tides confusing.

However, for someone with experience, and the knowledge and skills, the likelihood of you crossing and not dying is greatly increased by the conditions on the day. In a SHTF situation you are unlikely to have access to current data, so your second next best route is to look at historical data for that day, or night. And then count your blessings.

I would personally favour a night crossing but the odds of capsizing and dying of hypothermia are greatly increased.

The bravery of the immigrants that follow this route the other way is not to be sniffed at.

Any movement over long distances is best improvised. The safest and stealthiest form of transport is and always has been and always will be non-motorised.

I think this guy isn't even on here for any reason but to stir up drama. He's not really prepping. His idea of prepping was eating food that he doesn't like.

I think that was something I taught my children when they were 2.

I'm usually a pretty nice person, but why waste time on someone who's not serious about anything other than transgenderism?

5 kg is roughly 11 pounds (imperial). One gallon of water is roughly 8 pounds. The basic water need is a minimum of one gallon per person, per day. Per your statement, that only leaves 3 pounds for food, shelter and carrying kit. Your numbers do not compute. Very bad advice and should be ignored by the inexperienced and experienced prepper.

When I quote carry weights I never include food and water. Any experienced long distance hiker understands that water and food weights vary. I don't class them as kit. Water, inevitably, is not kit. It is part of the environment that I will carry with me. At varying points I will carry more or less. For instance, I begin to think about establishing camp 1-2 hours before. I will then be looking for a water source and when found will acquire 2-3 litres. But I'd be foolsih to carry that all day!

If you had experience of long hikes on foot you'd know this already.

If I am hiking next to a river, why would I carry a gallon of water?

I take it you go long hiking in a motor vehicle?

His idea of prepping was eating food that he doesn't like.

I think that was something I taught my children when they were 2.
I like high fat high carb food. I found that I could obtain a lot of it for free. Problem is that eating high fat high carb food leads to rapid weight gain. I hope you taught that to your children too.

The seriious point I was making was that preparing was not just about putting tinned food in a cupboard and pickling cabbages. It is also about psychological preparation. That is why I have experimented with eating food that was free, that I didn't choose, and wasn't the best for me. Because we must mentally prepare. And that was but one exercise in learning.

I can't force you to take that seriously. But don't try and undermine my serious attempts at preparation simply because I don't share your phobic views on transgenderism, of all things.

Nobody has to undermine your "Serious" attempts at preparation. You do that very nicely. Every time your vague posts are questioned, you reply with useless general excuses. Such as you don't count food and water in the weight count of you kit. Your post are dangerous to the less experienced preppers, that may not understand they are too general to be followed. You have no idea what my hiking experience is. Woke sheeple can always find excuses to hide behind. True prepper researches and plan and then actually take the proper action needed to help their survivability. Excuses are only good for the person making the excuses.

Nobody has to undermine your "Serious" attempts at preparation. You do that very nicely. Every time your vague posts are questioned, you reply with useless general excuses. Such as you don't count food and water in the weight count of you kit. Your post are dangerous to the less experienced preppers, that may not understand they are too general to be followed. You have no idea what my hiking experience is. Woke sheeple can always find excuses to hide behind. True prepper researches and plan and then actually take the proper action needed to help their survivability. Excuses are only good for the person making the excuses.
ok boss.

failure to plan is planning to fail.
You can't plan for the unknown. Correction, you can plan for the unknown and you will get almost everything wrong.

You can spend 20 years digging the most amazing and extensive cavern of survival rooms and fill them with tech and food and everything to keep you going for a decade or more. Then it happens and you work out that not only is this life-changing meteor headed for earth, you are situated in the bullseye. Oops. Great planning but I never saw that coming, Can I have my money back?

Better than planning is developing skills. Skills can apply to a multitude of situations, some you see coming, see you don't.

If you do plan then at the very least plan for that plan to completely fail, because in a time of chaos, it will.

And do a lot of work on yourself. Become acquainted with your strengths and weaknesses. And work on your ego. Your ego is the most dangerous part of you and the most likely to get you killed.

do not plan for this or that event, we have no control over any event.
I plan for what comes after, this will be Societal Collapse as the population panics.
I agree about the skills, we will all need skills but we will also need a small stock of tools and a stock of food to keep us going in the short term.
most preppers make their survival plans too complicated, keep it simple, keep it basic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back