Hi ya'll

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterbug

Reaction score
I never know what to say on these intro messages.

I am 50, female, married, empty nester. Unless you count our two fur-babies. An old grumpy Corgi and a 2 year old Jack Russell.

Have finally found our off-grid forever property. For 1/2 the price of our property sale in Wyoming, we have found our perfect home in Arkansas. I never thought I would leave Wyoming for very long. But, it just seems to be in the stars for us.

We are getting rid of 90% or our 'stuff' and getting excited to get settled across the country. I see no reason to haul stuff all the way there that I can so easily replace in the blink of an eye. The only thing I am struggling with is a wood cook stove that has been in my family since the 1800's.

We have our own 'cottage business'. Hubby does custom leather work and I do sewing. I will be working out of the home just to secure ourselves a little more. One can never have to much ammo or other supplies; now, can they.

With a bit of trepidation, I put our fate into the wind and just have to believe we are making the right move.

Welcome from Fin.

keep the stove,just haul it with you,you know all the quirks of it by now ;)

I never know what to say on these intro messages.

I am 50, female, married, empty nester. Unless you count our two fur-babies. An old grumpy Corgi and a 2 year old Jack Russell.

Have finally found our off-grid forever property. For 1/2 the price of our property sale in Wyoming, we have found our perfect home in Arkansas. I never thought I would leave Wyoming for very long. But, it just seems to be in the stars for us.

We are getting rid of 90% or our 'stuff' and getting excited to get settled across the country. I see no reason to haul stuff all the way there that I can so easily replace in the blink of an eye. The only thing I am struggling with is a wood cook stove that has been in my family since the 1800's.

We have our own 'cottage business'. Hubby does custom leather work and I do sewing. I will be working out of the home just to secure ourselves a little more. One can never have to much ammo or other supplies; now, can they.

With a bit of trepidation, I put our fate into the wind and just have to believe we are making the right move.
Welcome. I’m sure the winters alone will make the move worthwhile!

Welcome from Alabama. My 2cents is to keep the wood stove, it ain’t gonna be Wyoming cold in Arkansas, but it will get cold!

howdy from a east Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Latest posts

Back