Hi .tired of the news and politics looking for the right place think upper michigamn?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UP is certainly beautiful...remote areas, lots of water and wild game, but seriously cold in the winter!! Although you also have a bounty of hardwoods for woodstove heat! I have spent some time in the UP but wasn't there long enough to determine their growing season for a garden....seriously, it has to be longer than ours though, at 8100' elevation!

Blessings,
Shenandoah
cutting splitting wood now for upcoming winter i burn 2 stoves 1 up 1 in basement cant evenplant tomatoes now because mosquitoes are very bad. you know alot about UP if plant garden you will need a fence to keep deer out also prep for winter my property is realitivly flat but very diversified 1-40 has all hardwoods with a mountain of 400ft elevation ,swales,shelves good hunting in winter withsouthwind,have wildlife remote pond boo co waterfall love the 7months but like you say the5 serious winter months gets oldbut would not where to go if i had chance this is like going back in time lot of fire power up here people dont care for goverment here even before shit hit the fan got to respect that different way of life simple things mean everything dont know if i bit off more than i can chew coming up here time will tell

Latest posts

Back