Hi Preppers...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamariposita143

Reaction score
Dont really know what to say other than this is super new to me n I guess Im curious as to how to prepare for a catastrophy...im a single mom with a young daughter that would like to be as prepared as possible "in case shit"...feel free to post or suggest, or ask...as i said im really new to all this and dont really know where to begin...:p

Begin right here. These are the greatest bunch of helpful people you ever want to run into. Don't be afraid to share your knowledge.
Welcome !!

Hi Loomis...been reading a few posts..but sorry as far as knowledge i dont have any in this matter...ive watched the show...doomsday preppers...n its peaked in interest...but i dont know where to begin....what is this bug out ppl talk about???

Hi Loomis...been reading a few posts..but sorry as far as knowledge i dont have any in this matter...ive watched the show...doomsday preppers...n its peaked in interest...but i dont know where to begin....what is this bug out ppl talk about???

Here's a start. Ready.Gov. It starts with Make a Plan, build a kit. That will give you some ideas. The whole idea is to have enough to survive. May not be as radical as the end of the world but like a bad storm that disrupts everyday living and things you can do to lessen the stress.
You have knowledge, everybody does. The people here come from all walks of life and the one thing they do best is share knowledge.

Welcome to the forum there's a great group of really smart people willing to help here your already on the right path looking for a solution to your problem and for prepping this is the place there's a lot you can learn here I've learned so much since I've joined.

Hey girl! Glad to see another woman on here LoL (no offense guys!) I've only been here for a few days and I love it! Im addicted actually lol I am just starting out as well but I am learning alot! Welcome to the group and like everyone else said, feel free to ask questions no matter how silly you think they are, and feel free to share your thoughts or ideas. I can tell you that the show Doomsday preppers is a great start but they are really more for entertainment. It is so important to plan for our kids (i have wee ones too!) and I can't stand to think of them being hungry or hurt in a shit hits the fan situation!

thanks fordrocks ...n yes there r some great ideas ive seen in just a short while of reading...hi hj 1984...thanksfor the welcome..n yesa its nice to c another woman on here :D..ive read some of ur posts but i have tosay i havent even shot a gun so im just pickin up ideas...n yea it frightens me to think crazy things especially with my little one....let me ask u or any one who knows...is it legal to show a child how to shoot a weapon??? is there a legal age???

You will learn the termanologys as you go.
Bug in= is where you believe you are capable of sustaining yourself and loved ones in your home untill the world becomes normal again.
If you have 10 days of food and water in your home, then if there is a small disruption to your area, you can make it at home...............if you can either defend it if other people didnt make the preps you did, or stay unnoticed.

Bug out is when you believe that you cannot stay where you are, and you bug out (leave your home into the world where you hope what you think is on the other end is.) a bug out "bag" is your prepared bags to get to somewhere else that you believe would be safer. Water , food, medicines that will be needed by your family.
What goes in the bag may depend on what your bug out plan is, you may have a basic bag if you think you can jump in the car, and get to a place that is better, you may have a bag in the car with more stuff in it, incase along the way you have to go to plan b. etc.........

I don't think there is a legal age, its pretty much up to the discretion of the parent. I ALWAYS tell my kids about guns, they know not to touch a gun EVER, loaded or not, they know that they can hurt or kill you and that the only time they should ever even think about touching them is if one of us is hurt and tells them to grab it, or if we are dead and they have to try to protect themselves. We familiarize them we the guns so that they aren't scared of the noise or of them at all really. They def know that they are not for play and they'd never be able to load them on their own. I'd say that 10 is a good age for starting to shoot, but its never too early to teach them safety!

thanks fordrocks ...n yes there r some great ideas ive seen in just a short while of reading...hi hj 1984...thanksfor the welcome..n yesa its nice to c another woman on here :D..ive read some of ur posts but i have tosay i havent even shot a gun so im just pickin up ideas...n yea it frightens me to think crazy things especially with my little one....let me ask u or any one who knows...is it legal to show a child how to shoot a weapon??? is there a legal age???
There is no legal min. age to shoot a firearm under the supervision of an adult,( to my knowledge in any state, I will try and find a exact legal answer for you) to my knowledge all states require that you are within "arms length" of the firearm and the minor child. They will accidently point it where they shouldnt, and you must be in control of it. LOL, BUT SERIOUSLY
I would highly recommend finding a gun shop that has its own range, I would twice as much recommend that you go when you have a sitter.
You will be nervous for awhile with guns, and the noise. ONLY after you are familiar, and at ease, should you ever involve your child with the experience. My boys were shooting guns before kindergarden. The age is not as important as the mentality of the kid. NONE the less they are still a kid, and should not be able to ever access a gun on thier own. I hated having to put my guns up for so many years, yet kids will be kids. Do not asume that they know what it is so its ok.
I believe in gun rights, I think EVERY AMERICAN should own 3, but it must be responsible ownership. Hope I helped.

Yea...i have an older son in the military thats taught her gun safety...due to his collection of guns...personally i dont have weapons but have been considering it for a bit now...so being that its just me n her i figured we both needed to be prepared

Do you have any male friends that are familiar with firearms that could go with you to the range? I would be more comfy with a friend showing me the ropes vs some stranger at the gun shop. They are helpful if you ask, but if not, they assume you know what you're doing. The first time I went, they handed me the gun I picked out to shoot, gave me some ammo and pointed me at the door lol I couldn't even load the magazine at that point. They don't want to assume that since you are female that you don't know what you are doing so they give you the benefit of the doubt i think...if you don't have a friend, they will definately help if you ask!

thanks Hades and most definately...i wouldnt consider taking herr with me until im very comfortable with a gun myself...shes pretty mature for her age but im well aware shes still a kid...just a thought like i mentioned b4...if its only the two of us then we both have to b prepared...thanx for the info though im in Florida n i wasnt sure if there were laws with childrens age....

Dont really know what to say other than this is super new to me n I guess Im curious as to how to prepare for a catastrophy...im a single mom with a young daughter that would like to be as prepared as possible "in case shit"...feel free to post or suggest, or ask...as i said im really new to all this and dont really know where to begin...:p
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

A lot of people in your shoes start prepping for general things. They usually start out with natural disasters in their area. Me for example started with earthquakes since I live in the communist state of california.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want, and feel free to start threads to get information. The members here are a great group eager to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Do you have any male friends that are familiar with firearms that could go with you to the range? I would be more comfy with a friend showing me the ropes vs some stranger at the gun shop. They are helpful if you ask, but if not, they assume you know what you're doing. The first time I went, they handed me the gun I picked out to shoot, gave me some ammo and pointed me at the door lol I couldn't even load the magazine at that point. They don't want to assume that since you are female that you don't know what you are doing so they give you the benefit of the doubt i think...if you don't have a friend, they will definately help if you ask!
My son...but hes in another state...lol...

Latest posts

Back