Hi, Now what?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig j

Reaction score
Some people think preppers are crazy. A lot of people thought Noah was crazy too, until it started to rain. I have 2 acre's in the southwest, Yuma, Az. What I don't have is a clue. Where do you buy the things you need? What do you need. How do you store food, meat, and most importantly Ice cream (yeah joking on the ice cream, but you see what I mean. I have a well so I can get a solar panel to run my water but not sure. should I buy and bury a container. It sucks to find out how much you don't know.

Craig - Well, the first thing to do is breathe ;) - Some good advise I was given when I first started was start with building a supply for a week, then two, then a month, etc.... It has helped me over time to test, test, and test solutions again and again. There is a ton of information out there available and if your not careful you will simply overwhelm yourself with all the prepping that can be done. Start with the basics, food/water/shelter then start building out from there. Before you know it you'll be an ol' pro like the rest of us. (PS - you'll also be able to filter what's worth testing and what's just crap)

Hope that helps, just my $0.02 worth.

First and foremost, what's up and welcome to DDPF!

I'm new to both this site and prepping in general as well, but in less than a week I've learned so much from being here. You can find so much info in the Prepping 101 area of the forums... http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?forums/prepping-101.84/

This thread in particular is a great place to start... http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/all-things-prep.1330/

Figuring out what you're going to do will go along way in your prep. Are you bugging out? Or are you bugging in? Are you going to be living off the land or growing your own crops and such? Etc. etc. etc.

Welcome Craig! Like mentioned before start out by building your food and water supply for a week. You have 2 acres and you have a well, that is a plus. You need to make some choices on how you want to live. For example, I plan to stay where I am at. I have a garden, fruit trees, critters as in cows, pigs, etc. If you plan on staying where you are at, I would definitely start a garden with some heirloom seeds and since you live in Arizona, you have the capability to garden almost year round which is another plus for you. I

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Some people think preppers are crazy. A lot of people thought Noah was crazy too, until it started to rain. I have 2 acre's in the southwest, Yuma, Az. What I don't have is a clue. Where do you buy the things you need? What do you need. How do you store food, meat, and most importantly Ice cream (yeah joking on the ice cream, but you see what I mean. I have a well so I can get a solar panel to run my water but not sure. should I buy and bury a container. It sucks to find out how much you don't know.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to share your knowledge with the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forums Craig. As mentioned. It's best to start out with the most basic's needed. Water, and food. Some types of different weapon's such as a long rifle, or shotgun, or pistol. As well as a good knife/knives. For protection, or hunting. There is a wealth of information in these forums as well all over the internet. As also mentioned it can become very overwhelming in the beginning, but over time it will ease off. But before everything else needed physically. Get right with God, Always keep God in your heart, and never lose faith in him. Let God guide you, and he will see you through no matter what :) God bless, and stay safe!

Latest posts

Back