hi, I'm prepgurl918

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prepgurl918

Reaction score
I'm a ,27 years old female,and recently got into prepping because i really Saw how the world is today. And this whole marital law thing. I'm a lone prepper in misssouri but would like to find a group for me and my family. I'm studying herbal medicine,taking my ham test soon, and learning how to garden and working with crossbows and throwing knives. I'm the only prepper in my family which they don't even know about because they think it's weird. But i'd rather be prepared for my family than be helpless. Wanting to learn more from other preppers or even work with a group. I've tried to get others to take it seriously but no luck. any advice or would like to chat hit me up here at a facebook page i made just for this reason @ prepgurl918. or here as well thanks

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed..

Hi and welcome to DPF from a lone prepper in Finland.
it's hard when your closest ones think this what we do is weird, but hang on, learn new skills, you'll find great people here

Hi and welcome to DPF from a lone prepper in Finland.
it's hard when your closest ones think this what we do is weird, but hang on, learn new skills, you'll find great people here=quote]

thank you. And it is hard to try to prep for over 12 people who dont have the skills or preps thats why trying to get with like minded people to hopeful work with. and learn more.

finding like minded people is exactly what you find here, I've learned alot but know I need to learn more, like this place, no love it, ask and some have the answer or point you to the right direction, just keep on wht you do :)

Welcome, prepgurl. I know what you mean about your family thinking it's weird. My kids all think I'm a little crazy as well.

It goes over better if you say you're prepping for things they can understand - in your case tornadoes, in my case hurricanes. And the rest is just being frugal; self-sufficient (herbal medicine), to save money on groceries (gardening), to have a hobby (crossbows). Sometimes you can convince them to do things if you just don't use the word "prepping" and don't lump them all into one conversation.

I'm a ,27 years old female,and recently got into prepping because i really Saw how the world is today. And this whole marital law thing. I'm a lone prepper in misssouri but would like to find a group for me and my family. I'm studying herbal medicine,taking my ham test soon, and learning how to garden and working with crossbows and throwing knives. I'm the only prepper in my family which they don't even know about because they think it's weird. But i'd rather be prepared for my family than be helpless. Wanting to learn more from other preppers or even work with a group. I've tried to get others to take it seriously but no luck. any advice or would like to chat hit me up here at a facebook page i made just for this reason @ prepgurl918. or here as well thanks
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome.

Best advice I can give right off the bat is order of focus: Water, Weapons, Food, Shelter

Water - 3 days without it, you're toast...2 days without it, you'll wish you were already dead. Having a replenish-able supply of water as well as stored water is essential. If nothing else, at least a way to purify and treat found water is good too (or in addition to). Rain collection systems aren't complex or too expensive to build, and can be done in phases. Just remember, after about 5 months, water can be iffy when stored. Usually still good, but may taste off. Aerating it (pouring it back and forth) can help, but best to rotate and use it as well as store it.

Weapons - You need firearms. Simple as that. Crossbow and knives are fine too, and quiet, but you will NEED firearms to stave off those who have them.

Food - A garden is great, but knowing how to home can the fruits of that labor is also essential, and will keep for years. Keep in mind the idea of storing other food items you can't grow or make easily. Rice, beans, dry pasta, mashed potato flakes, cereals, all keep for a LONG time if done right.

Shelter - You need a place that is relatively safe, fencing, strong walls, all help.

Welcome aboard, you will find lots of knowledgeable folks here!

Latest posts

Back