Hi, I live off-grid much of the year in the safe haven country of Belize.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyla Picta

Reaction score
Hi, I live off-grid much of the year in the SAFE HAVEN of Belize, a stable, english-speaking democracy, on the Caribbean coast of Central America. We live totally OFF-GRID. All our electricity and water comes from the sky! We have enough electricity (solar & wind) for AC, a modern kitchen, and a workshop. Go ahead, leave the light on, I don’t care, the sun will be out again tomorrow, and the Caribbean breeze is constant. We can grow 3 CROP HARVESTS PER YEAR. We are on the Caribbean coast, with all the fish we can eat. By road (4WD) or by boat, we can get ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. We’ve got private airstrips nearby.
We are remote and lock-down secure. DEFWU ~ do you know what this means? We grow oranges, grapefruit, bananas, plantain, mangos, coffee, cacao, tropical fruits, vegetables & chickens, on-site and we buy & trade other food from local bush farmers. 80 inches of rainfall/year is perfect. Everybody here knows how to weather hurricanes, in 2010 we hunkered down and withstood a direct hit from Hurricane Richard with little damage. However, the US gets hit with 10X more hurricanes every year than our little Caribbean country.
More people live in Colorado Springs than the entire country of Belize. We have zero neighbors, and are surrounded by thousands of hectares of wild, national lands. Jaguars have eaten two of our night watchdogs, but they were here first so we dont bother them. Monkeys & parrots sometimes eat our bananas and corn, but we can figure a way to limit that.
There are many tropical safe havens throughout the world, with peaceful & wise residents who know how to thrive close to the land, and are glad to teach others. But Belize is where I will be when grids fail. If my sat-dish stops working at about the same time I see a dim flash up in the northern sky, I might wonder in a week or so – why don’t they write? We'll use short-wave & ham radio. And if TS Doesn't HTF, then this is a very nice place to thrive without pressure.
There is room for others. You really should check this out.
PowerUp!.jpg

Wow sounds to me like you are well isolated from just about everything. It also sounds to me like you are well prepared and self sustainable where you are as well. I don't know that I personally would like being that isolated from people but that is just me. Anyway welcome to the site and please feel free to share what you know about prepping and have done. Who knows you may find it to be very helpful to others and perhaps we can offer the same in return. Look around the site I have found it very useful for myself and I have and still are learning so much about how to prep and keep on prepping. Again Welcome Aboard and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Welcome. Looks like you've adjusted to your enviorment very well. I guess you could teach us a few.
Enjoy and stay awhile.

Hi, I live off-grid much of the year in the SAFE HAVEN of Belize, a stable, english-speaking democracy, on the Caribbean coast of Central America. We live totally OFF-GRID. All our electricity and water comes from the sky! We have enough electricity (solar & wind) for AC, a modern kitchen, and a workshop. Go ahead, leave the light on, I don’t care, the sun will be out again tomorrow, and the Caribbean breeze is constant. We can grow 3 CROP HARVESTS PER YEAR. We are on the Caribbean coast, with all the fish we can eat. By road (4WD) or by boat, we can get ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. We’ve got private airstrips nearby.
We are remote and lock-down secure. DEFWU ~ do you know what this means? We grow oranges, grapefruit, bananas, plantain, mangos, coffee, cacao, tropical fruits, vegetables & chickens, on-site and we buy & trade other food from local bush farmers. 80 inches of rainfall/year is perfect. Everybody here knows how to weather hurricanes, in 2010 we hunkered down and withstood a direct hit from Hurricane Richard with little damage. However, the US gets hit with 10X more hurricanes every year than our little Caribbean country.
More people live in Colorado Springs than the entire country of Belize. We have zero neighbors, and are surrounded by thousands of hectares of wild, national lands. Jaguars have eaten two of our night watchdogs, but they were here first so we dont bother them. Monkeys & parrots sometimes eat our bananas and corn, but we can figure a way to limit that.
There are many tropical safe havens throughout the world, with peaceful & wise residents who know how to thrive close to the land, and are glad to teach others. But Belize is where I will be when grids fail. If my sat-dish stops working at about the same time I see a dim flash up in the northern sky, I might wonder in a week or so – why don’t they write? We'll use short-wave & ham radio. And if TS Doesn't HTF, then this is a very nice place to thrive without pressure.
There is room for others. You really should check this out.View attachment 1354
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Sounds like a dream setup...congrats! :cool:

DEFWU ~ do you know what this means?

Not a clue...never saw that acronym before. I know Belize is probably one of THE biggest ex-pat off-grid places, so kudos on living the dream.

Latest posts

Back