hi i am new and...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha

Reaction score
I want to learn how to be prepared if something does happen i just don't know where to start. Please help! Thank you

I want to learn hiw to be prepared if something does happen i just dont know where to start. Please help! Thank you
Welcome to the forum from south Louisiana. Everybody on this site helps each other. This is a great site. All you have to do is ask about anything you are not sure of and someone here will help you. Alot of us have been prepping for quite a few yrs. I guess being from south La. and raised by the bayou, I learned to survive from a young age. What I usually say first is the basics you will need to work on are food storage, water storage and weapons. Not necessarly in that order. You can have all the food and water you need but if you can't defend it, it will do you no good. The next thing is not to tell everyone you meet that you are prepping. The friends you tell that you are prepping will be the enemies that will be out to kill you when TSHTF. Sounds harsh but it is fact. Now is not the time for us to be (Female Anatomy 101) footing around. Some people will tell you things to make you feel good. I will tell you things like they are and will maybe save your life. I will not tell you to do something I haven't done or tested out. Neither will anyone on this site. The people on this site are out to help all they can.

Welcome and like you I'm new to prepping as well. I can promise you there are some really fantastic people here that are willing to share to help you out. I know they have been a godsend to me already as I begin to prep.

Fact... we all need help of some sorts (some just refuse to accept this fact). The good news is most of the people here are willing to put forth the effort to help other in a kind (if not, loving way). Please don't feel lost or overwhelmed.

We all have our own view of what we are preparing (Prepping) for. If you think there will be a Viral outbreak... then maybe you should start with buying gloves, masks, etc... if you think there will be mass anarchy... then maybe you should start with weapons and a safe-house/bug-out location...

I believe that Abraham Maslow really hit the ball out of the park when he came up with his "Hierarchy of Needs". I can go into detail with this if you want... just ask (please please ask...lol). I believe that we should all start with storing up some food and water, and some means of protecting yourself from someone that might want what you have and is intent on getting it.

I want to learn how to be prepared if something does happen i just don't know where to start. Please help! Thank you
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!
For me first things are;
  1. What are you preparing for?
  2. Will you stay put or bug out?
  3. How will you get around?
  4. How will you protect yourself?

Should you have any questions or need help with anything feel free to ask. The members on here are more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forum Samantha. You will find lots of good information here as well as good people.

Latest posts

Back