hi from the uk

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
hi new to this but after watching doomsday preppers i realise how volatile our world could be and how im not prepared for my family

Thanks for joining, glad your here. The hardest part is over, that being just realizing your not prepared.
The rest will come, if you have any questions there are many here who can help.

hi new to this but after watching doomsday preppers i realise how volatile our world could be and how im not prepared for my family
Thank you for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com! I hope you enjoy your visits, and we look forward to reading your posts!

Are you prepping for anything in particular?
Where in England are you from?

I have always been raised/lived in the country, where every boy , and most girls get guns for thier b-days and christmas after age 10 lol.
We have always canned our own food so to say where did I start is not fair.

I would recommend someone just getting started cover all bases at once.
In that I mean start with a cheap pistol and a shotgun.
Start storing the basic of foodstuffs, and water. You will find over time that you spend less on your everyday food bills when you buy bulk. So you will find that the sting of pack ratting will be soothed a little over time.
Prepping does not have to be a culture shock, you dont have to dump your lifes savings in it.
Its more just the thought of having extra, safe and saved.
After you have a week of water and food stashed, then think of First aid stuff. Then 3 more days of W&F, then 100 more shells for each firearm, then 4 more days of W&F, then consider upgrading your firearms, then 10 more gallons of water, You are now 2 weeks ahead of 90% of your neighbors, then a compass and some topo maps of your area, F&W do it again, Then a fishing pole, and some tackle, take a trip and practice using it. AH, didnt that feel good, just to relax on the side of some water, daydreaming about all the other cool stuff you can scounge up, or how many more feet of tunnel you need.

ok not a fishing fan lol but there is alot t do we already lukin at grown our own vegetables fank u for the advice will keep u posted

im from north yorkshire were it is mostly rolling hills and country was brought up in these areas and have fairly gud knowledge of farm crops which can b eaten raw

I agree with Hades in that it is much easier to start prepping for basically everything. Once you have a good base you can go in to specific scenarios. However, just prepping for everything and keeping it "All encompassing" would most likely be the easiest!

I hope this helps you

im from north yorkshire were it is mostly rolling hills and country was brought up in these areas and have fairly gud knowledge of farm crops which can b eaten raw
Whats up UK ? Hey whats your favorite knife over there ? Have you had your hands on a opinel ?

i use a jcb combination utility knive has 2 blades a heavy duty serrated blade and 5 titanium coated blades great for farming and outdoors thou never realy given much use outdoors

jcb-combination-utility-knife.jpg

No locking blades for you guys ?

Welcome Keven Tordoff!

IMHO, the first place to start is with a plan, as Hades mentioned in a different post, are you bugging in or out? what are you prepping for? whats your location? whats the weather/climate like where you're at, or where you plan to bug out to?
after that, me personally i started building a survival (bug out bag) bag for everyone in the house, and one for the car.
there is an in depth bug out bag supply list thread you may want to look into.

Latest posts

Back