Hi from Sydney, Australia

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum. I recently became interested in everything to do with the end of the Mayan Calendar last year and have been getting involved in all of the discussions around 2012 in general as a year of transition. I'm most interested in finding out from other Sydney-siders about safe places around Sydney - i.e. does anyone have ideas on good places to go in the case of potential disaster. The blue mountains for instance?

It would be great to hear your thoughts and advice.

Also, I'm a writer and I'd like to write about other Sydney preppers (maybe for my blog) in order to create more awareness. Are there any Sydney-siders out there who would be willing to meet with me and chat about your experiences and plans? If only to teach me more - being so new to all of this!

Thanks all!
Nikki

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I don't know too much about Australia.

howdy from texas.and just like anorak i dunno much about australia either.but i do hope that you find what your looking for

Hi Nikki,

I would suggest heading west to the mountains. However, communications and detailed info is required before going anywhere. If panic sets and the crazies all try and depart at the same time - travel might not be too good. Do trial runs and see how you go. Have alternate routes etc. Don't leave it until the last moment and call it impromptu (let's jump in the car and drive through the mountains).

I was also worried about the Mayan Calendar issue last year when my Vietnamese Mother-In-Law said that writings in Buddhist texts stated the same end date. In the end, I had an extended family group at my house in the Mekong Delta waiting together for the end of world. Thousands of people took time off work and no children went to school. That's when I knew I needed a more detailed plan - just in case. Waiting around is quite frustrating and something I don't do well. There are always four 18m x 4m wide rice carrying boats in the canal approx 20m away - so I did warn everyone that this was an option (get on a boat) and take all the extra boxed stores and spare rice that I collected a few days before.

Most people are Preppers and don't think of it as such.
Boats - you carry fire exting, first aid kit, tools, extra fuel etc as prep, specified safety items as listed by gov't authorities, food and drink just in case 9maybe fishing gear).
Car - you carry fire exting, first aid kit, tools, extra fuel (maybe), 4x4 recovery gear if going off road and other standard items for other veh, food and drink etc .
Hiking - you get the picture.
Emergency stores - in the north of Aus we have cyclones (luckily we are sparsely populated and there are few casualties, except when Darwin was hit in '74). But southerners do get the high speed winds and occasional earth quake (remember Newcastle). Rotate your emergency stores of food/water/batteries and you will be prepared. You should have stores for a week, since gov't services normally take a few days to a week to come back on line (if this is the type of disaster you may be prepping for).

Yo

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum. I recently became interested in everything to do with the end of the Mayan Calendar last year and have been getting involved in all of the discussions around 2012 in general as a year of transition. I'm most interested in finding out from other Sydney-siders about safe places around Sydney - i.e. does anyone have ideas on good places to go in the case of potential disaster. The blue mountains for instance?

It would be great to hear your thoughts and advice.

Also, I'm a writer and I'd like to write about other Sydney preppers (maybe for my blog) in order to create more awareness. Are there any Sydney-siders out there who would be willing to meet with me and chat about your experiences and plans? If only to teach me more - being so new to all of this!

Thanks all!
Nikki
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back