Hi! From outside Rochester, NY

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't Panic

Reaction score
I'm just about to finish purchasing my 10 acre Bug-In location, and will be moving there in the next few weeks. It feels good to be getting out of the city. I grew up in rural Ohio, and have been in the city of Rochester for 20 years. Time to get out of here. :)

My dad got me started thinking about prepping many years ago. Although I have a decent start, it's time to start getting serious about my food supplies and overall planning. Looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Welcome!
Congratulations on your land purchase!! Feels good doesn't it?? We are a friendly lot here, ask questions and folks will just chime in to help. Look forward to hearing your prepping experiences as well.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Pver

Overlord....Wait a minute!! Aren't you in the Philippines???
Good Heavens!! Are ya'll ok??

We are praying for YOU!
Shenandoah

Hi Shenandoah, yep, we are.

Thanks for the prayers. We are safe. I live in Metro Manila. We are far from the devastation that Haiyan (Yolanda) left in its wake although the rainband did miss us by about 3-4 miles.

If it followed the forecasted path, we would have experience a bit harsher hit. We prepped just the same when we heard about it.

A co-prepper of mine from Bacolod, Negros Occidental did get hit and I talked to him this morning. He is okay and they had bugged out to their farm which was quite a distance from the main devastation on their island. They had no electricity for 3 days though.

Nothing like Prepping and Prayers to ensure the safety of the family.

Thanks for the words of welcome.

I'm glad to see that you weren't in one of the badly hit areas. My aunt is from the Manila area as well, and so far it appears her family are all OK.

Hi Mr. Don't Panic, we are glad you are here. I like the dog on your picture. He/she has the same coloring as our dog had. Glad you get to move soon. We are in the process of trying to sell our house but we don't have land to move to. We are hoping to sell soon and be closer to our grandchildren and our two sons. Our daughter live in WI wish she was closer.
Have a blessed day,
Lindy

My dog is part German Shepherd / part Golden Retriever. I adopted him from a local shelter when he was 3 months old, and now at 2 he's still the happiest puppy going.

Good luck with your sale. I hope it works out and you're able to move closer to your family. I don't have any children yet. My wife and I were discussing it, but she passed away unexpectedly in July. That's part of why I'm moving from the house we lived in.

Dear Mr. Don't Panic,
I know there is nothing I can say that could ease your pain at the death of your wife, I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I will pray that God will comfort you as only He can and give you an extra measure of His peace!

Our dog was a rescued dog as well. Snickers was a German Shepherd/Boarder Collie mix. She was 15 years old when she had a stroke and we had to put her down she was suffering so much. We were blessed to have her in our family as long as we did but I still miss her very much. My husband doesn't want another dog. I've have a dog most of my life so it is hard not to have one now.
God's peace and blessings to you,
Lindy

Thanks, Lindy. It's been a very difficult few months. My dog, Brand, has been a big comfort. I've always had dogs, and can't imagine not having one around. I hope you can convince your husband to get another. :)

I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing and at such a young age. I could only imagine how hard it is for you and don't blame you for wanting to move. I wish you luck and welcome to the site. I have made a few great friend here and There are a great bunch of people that can give you advise. Search around and if you don't find what you want to learn about, just ask.

Thanks for the words of welcome.

I'm glad to see that you weren't in one of the badly hit areas. My aunt is from the Manila area as well, and so far it appears her family are all OK.

Hi DP,

Yep, we were lucky. The typhoon kinda dipped a bit in its track only affecting up to southern Metro Manila. Paranaque and below got flooded. If you happen to drop by in town, give me a ring.

My condolences on the loss of your wife.

I'm just about to finish purchasing my 10 acre Bug-In location, and will be moving there in the next few weeks. It feels good to be getting out of the city. I grew up in rural Ohio, and have been in the city of Rochester for 20 years. Time to get out of here. :)

My dad got me started thinking about prepping many years ago. Although I have a decent start, it's time to start getting serious about my food supplies and overall planning. Looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hi Shenandoah, yep, we are.

Thanks for the prayers. We are safe. I live in Metro Manila. We are far from the devastation that Haiyan (Yolanda) left in its wake although the rainband did miss us by about 3-4 miles.

If it followed the forecasted path, we would have experience a bit harsher hit. We prepped just the same when we heard about it.

A co-prepper of mine from Bacolod, Negros Occidental did get hit and I talked to him this morning. He is okay and they had bugged out to their farm which was quite a distance from the main devastation on their island. They had no electricity for 3 days though.

Nothing like Prepping and Prayers to ensure the safety of the family.

Its so good to hear that you are alright! It certainly appears a train wreck from what we have seen on tv.
We will keep praying!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

More of like a Steam Roller when through the place... God Bless everyone and Be Safe Always...

Latest posts

Back