hi from minnesota

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnG2694

Reaction score
Im Military An Artillery and Man 18 years old and wanting to start prepping. i own alot of army issue items and a few weapons a remington 870 and im going to purchase a bolt action rifle

my first question is when an apocalyptic situation does occur will it be safer to look military or more civilan?

I've heard this question and the answer I believe is this: In an apocalyptic situation, the masses are going to be looking for direction and support. This should include anybody in uniform from military, police, ambulance, the mailman, etc....

In that scenario, the key is survival and possibly blending in with the crowd instead of standing out. This would allow you time to keep your strategy of bugging out or whatever it is you plan to do on the most efficient schedule in a timely fashion. People stopping you to ask for help would only delay that schedule and lose precious time that could make the difference between life or death.

I'm no expert but I hope that helps.
And welcome to the forum!

Im Military An Artillery and Man 18 years old and wanting to start prepping. i own alot of army issue items and a few weapons a remington 870 and im going to purchase a bolt action rifle

my first question is when an apocalyptic situation does occur will it be safer to look military or more civilan?
I've heard this question and the answer I believe is this: In an apocalyptic situation, the masses are going to be looking for direction and support. This should include anybody in uniform from military, police, ambulance, the mailman, etc....

In that scenario, the key is survival and possibly blending in with the crowd instead of standing out. This would allow you time to keep your strategy of bugging out or whatever it is you plan to do on the most efficient schedule in a timely fashion. People stopping you to ask for help would only delay that schedule and lose precious time that could make the difference between life or death.

I'm no expert but I hope that helps.
And welcome to the forum!
John G,
I agree with Amy. I would do all I can to blend in to my surroundings. I would avoid trying to look like you are in the army/marine corp as well. I think blending into your surroundings is the best part.

I would take them just in case you have to go to jungle mode for concealment. But I wouldn't initially wear them.

That to me is a very hard question to answer. I think each individual needs to tailor their bug out bag to suite their needs and plans. Personally, mine is just a weeks worth of stuff to get through without having to buy food or other supplies. I stashed money in other parts of the country so the items in my bag should sustain me until I reach a safe enough place and retrieve my funds to continue on.

okay thanks for the help!
im also trying to start a bug out bag for my self and i just dont know where to start (besides the bag lol) any tips?
I highly recommend food, water, medical, and protection to start with.
What you take will also depend on the size of your bug out bag, and your own strength and stamina. This thread should also help get you started;
http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/creating-a-bug-out-bag.155/

Feel free to ask or start other threads as the needs arise.

Welcome aboard ! here is a three day bag, canteen cup and stove, food,water filter straw, for fire cotton balls with vaseline, fire steel, two lighters, TP, wipes, bandanna, tools, radio, head lamp, flashlight, paracord, poncho, fuel tabs for the stove. In my car i carry extra cloths, water, a trap and tent. This pretty much goes everywhere with me or its in my car. Hope this helps.

Picturekevinpicture010-1.jpg

Howdy from Missouri. As to dressing, me and mine will be dressing down to be amongst the masses if we have to be, but we intend to stay put here on the farm.

Latest posts

Back