Hi from El Paso

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany

Reaction score
My family is has had a change of thinking about how prepared we are for a worst case scenario. Disaster could happen anywhere in the world. Recently we had a small earthquake in El Paso. Times are changing, the economy is a mess, our weather is unpredictable. It is best to be prepared. I would like to know in creating a food storage where is the best place to start? Also does anyone have a list of survival gear like tents sleeping bags flashlights etc...? Where do I begin? And where can I find this stuff at a good price?

My family is has had a change of thinking about how prepared we are for a worst case scenario. Disaster could happen anywhere in the world. Recently we had a small earthquake in El Paso. Times are changing, the economy is a mess, our weather is unpredictable. It is best to be prepared. I would like to know in creating a food storage where is the best place to start? Also does anyone have a list of survival gear like tents sleeping bags flashlights etc...? Where do I begin? And where can I find this stuff at a good price?
Hello and welcome to Doomsday Prepper Forums.com! Thank you for taking the time to join. I will work on helping you out with your questions.

Check out the following thread on emergency food.

http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/costco-getting-involved.129/

hi and welcome, there are a lot of items you can find cheap online as well, for your bug bag, you can get alot of first aid stuff at the 99 cent only stores, antibiotics, believe it or not, you can by at a fish or pet store, they use amoxicillin in fish medicines, wal-mart is a good place for a fish tackle kit and possibly other gear, big5 is cheap on rifles if you want to up you arsenal and they have other survival gear too, costco, as Clydesdale posted, has many cheap things as well.

hi and welcome, there are a lot of items you can find cheap online as well, for your bug bag, you can get alot of first aid stuff at the 99 cent only stores, antibiotics, believe it or not, you can by at a fish or pet store, they use amoxicillin in fish medicines, wal-mart is a good place for a fish tackle kit and possibly other gear, big5 is cheap on rifles if you want to up you arsenal and they have other survival gear too, costco, as Clydesdale posted, has many cheap things as well.
Very true about the antibiotics. I have known people who will go to fish stores to buy their antibiotics. I am a little apprehensive of doing this, but I guess in an emergency anything will do. I have found very inexpensive rifles through Big-5. Also check out Cross Roads of the West Gun Shows to see if they are ever in your area. Gun shows tend to have some really good buys especially on ammo.

I just picked up a colder weather sleeping bag from Costco for $29.99. They also carry tents and good coolers.

Wow. I never knew that about antibiotics. Thanks for the tip!
np, i learned it from my uncle, hes a sergical tech that loves fish lol
I have yet to try it as I am a bit paranoid about expired medications, and not knowing the exact dose i am taking, but like i said in an earlier post. In a bind most any thing will do.

with "-cillins" the smaller the dose usually the better, like amoxicillin, like 1 pill every 4 to 6 hours, but also remember that being stingy while taking your pills come DD will be a good thing giving your very limited resources

with "-cillins" the smaller the dose usually the better, like amoxicillin, like 1 pill every 4 to 6 hours, but also remember that being stingy while taking your pills come DD will be a good thing giving your very limited resources
very true allocation will be most important.

Latest posts

Back