hi from central Florida

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed..

love the forums
Yellow, and welcome! I escaped from central fla about 9 yrs ago, and moved to a small community in the Appalachian foothills. I did a lot of work in Orlando, and was happy to slow down and get away from a city and traffic. I loved fla. For the weather, beaches and the St. John's river, but am glad to leave the over regulation of being a general contractor there. I hope you enjoy the people and topics here, and learn a little as well.

Welcome neighbor! Central FL here as well.

Yellow, and welcome! I escaped from central fla about 9 yrs ago, and moved to a small community in the Appalachian foothills. I did a lot of work in Orlando, and was happy to slow down and get away from a city and traffic. I loved fla. For the weather, beaches and the St. John's river, but am glad to leave the over regulation of being a general contractor there. I hope you enjoy the people and topics here, and learn a little as well.

I'm hoping to beat a similar path...my ideal lifestyle would be to live in Florida during the winter and in the Appalachian Mountains (foothills will do) in the summer...but I can't afford that right now.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I am going out of my mind with the traffic and the population explosion. The only part of Florida that even remotely reminds me of the Florida I found 35 years ago, is the Panhandle region - but I don't LIVE there anymore!

I'm hoping to beat a similar path...my ideal lifestyle would be to live in Florida during the winter and in the Appalachian Mountains (foothills will do) in the summer...but I can't afford that right now.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I am going out of my mind with the traffic and the population explosion. The only part of Florida that even remotely reminds me of the Florida I found 35 years ago, is the Panhandle region - but I don't LIVE there anymore!
My parents move us to deland fla in 1972. I was a quiet, nice little place. Then they built 'the mouse', and every year it seemed like the population doubled ever since! Don't get me wrong, Disney is awesome, but it triggered a boom that the roads and infrastructure never kept up with. I agree, my ideal situation would have been to keep the home there and here, but wasn't a financial possibility for me. I do miss the great weather there!

The only part of Florida that even remotely reminds me of the Florida I found 35 years ago, is the Panhandle region - but I don't LIVE there anymore!

There are still plenty of places that are open, yet fairly convenient to nearby towns/cities. We're on 5 and a half acres here, but still 5 minutes from a Publix, and 10 minutes from a WalMart, Lowes, and Tractor Supply, and a bunch of restaurants, etc.

love the forums
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hi and welcome from Finland...a late welcome but a welcome any way,enjoy the forum here :)

Latest posts

Back