Hi from Cali

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicken

Reaction score
Hi from the central valley of California, about 2 hrs north of Los Angeles. As my user name states I am a paramedic for a private ambulance company and the wife is a RN. 4 kids all boys who are alomst all gone from the nest. I am a survivor of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake that struck on Oct 15th, 1989 and if you remember correctly during the first game of the world series between the Oakland A's and San Francisco Giants. It was after that event that I began thinking about prepping. I have always had a minimum of 3 days supplies just in case. But after a 7.9 quake, you begin to think that 3 days is not enough. We were lucky and no one was injured but were out of our home for 30 days. I still only have 3 days supply but that will be changing very soon.

Welcome medicken I'm from SoCal this is a great forum with a lot of smart people one can learn a lot here if they want I was too young to remember any real earth quakes and they really don't scare me all that much I'm more ready for mass panic and shark attacks

Hi from the central valley of California, about 2 hrs north of Los Angeles. As my user name states I am a paramedic for a private ambulance company and the wife is a RN. 4 kids all boys who are alomst all gone from the nest. I am a survivor of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake that struck on Oct 15th, 1989 and if you remember correctly during the first game of the world series between the Oakland A's and San Francisco Giants. It was after that event that I began thinking about prepping. I have always had a minimum of 3 days supplies just in case. But after a 7.9 quake, you begin to think that 3 days is not enough. We were lucky and no one was injured but were out of our home for 30 days. I still only have 3 days supply but that will be changing very soon.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Another californian is see! There are many of us on here. I too am in southern california.
I too prep for quakes as I have lived through many of varying magnitude.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome Medicken!
Yup, i remember that one!
And the Northridge one too.
Although i worry a bit about earthpuakes, im mainly worried about what would happen afterwards.
IE. riots, lack of housing, etc.
Sometimes i kinda wish it would, itd create a crapload of construction jobs.

Wow, 30 days is a long time, if you had supplies at the house could of you got them ? Just asking cause I am thinking of making a dedicated shed separate from the house. I am southern Cal also.

We were very lucky. I was in a mobile home at the time and for whatever reason, Gods will, ours was the only one that did not fall off the foundation. I use the foundation term lightly as all it is is metal tripods. We were able to get to the supplies we had on hand and went to my parents place. You also have to remember that if you are in a mobile home during a major earthquake you must do the opposite of what we have been taught, brainwashed to do over the years. DO NOT get under a table, in a door way etc. You must get UP OFF the floor and onto something soft, such as a couch, bed etc. The reasoning is when the house falls, the support piers, tripods will come through the floor and impale you!!

Hello fellow medic. I am a medic in San Diego. Married, kids and I (like you) have seen SHTF! I'm 100% serious about prepping. Check it out!
Disasterreadypack.org
Hundreds of new items coming each month!

Latest posts

Back