Hi all! Young mama prepper here!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabraleigh

Reaction score
Just wanting to stop in and introduce myself. I'm 23, married for 4 years, and mama to a beautiful almost 2 year old little boy.

As strange as it may sound...my absolute favorite show is The Walking Dead. It is the reason I started thinking about prepping. I do not believe or fear the dead walking the streets. I am prepping for any emergency, big or small. When I gave birth to my son, I decided I never wanted to see my son in pain or in a scary situation, if I could avoid it.

Whether it is a tornado (Arkansas!), a blizzard that ices us in for a week, the entire electrical grid going down, economic collapse, or a giant viral pandemic (hello, ebola!)..I want to be prepared.

Just the other day, I awoke to check Facebook and the first thing I read was a girl I went to high school with..posting a vague status about me. She claimed I lived in fear, I had nothing to live for and wanted the world to end, and that the government would never do anything and would never kill us (as if the government is the only thing to prep for..) and it inspired me to seek out a community like this! My family are supportive and my husband as well, but I am searching for like-minded individuals to possibly IMPROVE my chances of surviving.

Anyway, hello!

Welcome! You've definitely found a like-minded community here. You will find a lot of information already in the threads but lots of people will respond if you start new threads with questions.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Hello from Germany. (Soon to be michigan). Your biggest plus is that your family is supportive. Who cares what some random chick on facebook thinks? Your inner circle is important and with them beeing on board, nothing else matters. My wife and I got into prepping after the birth of our son as well.
Welcome to the site!

Hi and a warm welcome to DPF from Finland, your'e at the right place, good knowledgeable people with a heart here.

Just wanting to stop in and introduce myself. I'm 23, married for 4 years, and mama to a beautiful almost 2 year old little boy.

As strange as it may sound...my absolute favorite show is The Walking Dead. It is the reason I started thinking about prepping. I do not believe or fear the dead walking the streets. I am prepping for any emergency, big or small. When I gave birth to my son, I decided I never wanted to see my son in pain or in a scary situation, if I could avoid it.

Whether it is a tornado (Arkansas!), a blizzard that ices us in for a week, the entire electrical grid going down, economic collapse, or a giant viral pandemic (hello, ebola!)..I want to be prepared.

Just the other day, I awoke to check Facebook and the first thing I read was a girl I went to high school with..posting a vague status about me. She claimed I lived in fear, I had nothing to live for and wanted the world to end, and that the government would never do anything and would never kill us (as if the government is the only thing to prep for..) and it inspired me to seek out a community like this! My family are supportive and my husband as well, but I am searching for like-minded individuals to possibly IMPROVE my chances of surviving.

Anyway, hello!

Welcome aboard...you will find many here will help you. Simply just ask. Sorry bit tired after 3 hour drive to Lubbock and then return leg...oh college move days..what fun. Seriously, if you have any questions feel free to post it.

Regards,

Welcome, from I think is the 3rd Texan that has posted now! I think it is great that you want to be prepared for whatever may come your way. Obviously, some that you know have not learned that. . . maybe that person has not had an inspiration to think about those thing. You do with your husband and little boy. Some may think we are crazy and nuts, but when a situation actually happens, be it hurricane, economical collapse, etc. we can take care of yourselves and to me, it means I am not wasting my time waiting on the government to give me a handout.

If you search around and read the older post you will find a world of knowledge. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask. Lots of knowledgeable people here that will answer your questions. Good Luck!! You are doing what you need to in order to help your family either survive or just live more comfortably thru a situation.

Hay from TN . Many Walking Dead fans here but many of us were prepping before the TV show was made . Lots of ideas on this site for after major TEOTWAWKI event .

Anyway, hello!
Welcome Sabraleigh! I'm new to this forum and it is AWESOME! Having a baby can tilt your worldview, even give it a good shake. There's nothing like being prepared for the unexpected to allow you to relax and enjoy the present. I think it's foolish to ignore the potential destruction that nature has and can unleash, let alone what damage we can do! So nice to meet you :)

Welcome!

Best quick advice:

1. Get a firearm (or more if you have the means)
2. Come up with a renewable water solution (well if you can, or if not, then a rain catchment system at least).
3. Store water
4. Store food
5. Come up with renewable food sources (garden, chickens (even in cities, can have chickens)).

Special advice for your situation.
1. Get a solar-powered e-reader (and download all kinds and levels of school type books)
2. Stockpile some hand me down clothes from other kids of various older ages (as he grows). As he grows out of them, donate any excess, but try and be at least a couple of years ahead of him with at least a few different outfits and hand-me-down shoes.

A lot of us self-described "preppers" do not live in fear. We simply believe in being prepared, so we aren't trying to scramble in the event of an emergency. Can be a consuming hobby, but never let it be at the expense of enjoying life and the present.

Hello, welcome to the community, it has been so helpful to me. All you have to do is ask a question and you will get an answer. We are glad you are here. ~ Lindy

Anyway, hello!

Welcome to the forums!
Hope you have fun and we can help you out.

Anyway, hello!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back