Hey there! im new to this but have wanted to do it for a long time.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be afraid of the guns...guns aren't the problem.

I am with you all the way on that belief. Here in Britain its very hard to get guns. But not impossible. I do think knowledge is key. And I also know that responsible owners of guns is never a bad thing. like you say, its the lunatics I worry about. There is of course a huge culture difference between Britain and America. but I think the overall belief is the same. I have the same out look at my dogs. A lot of people are afraid of my dogs as they have a bad rep. But its the bad owners who are the issue. Anything is lethal if an uneducated lunatic is controlling it. you know? But I have the up most respect for you. Its in your constitution. end of.

Well. Guns are bad . The new law I'm pushing for says I'm the only one who is allowed to have them. Sound familiar....should.Always be Leary of any suggestion that says you are not qualified, but I am. There's always a motive when I try to sell you on the idea I'm an elitist...trust me. That should always be read...I'm fixing to put the screws to you.

Welcome Jen and her Dobermans. I am a dog lover too. I currently have four (have had 2 that have passed this last year. . 1 golden retriever at age 14 due to a couple strokes and 1 mutt/hound at 13 due to cancer). Honestly, I am just an animal lover in all. This is a great site to learn from and there is a lot of great people here. Hoping you can learn from us as we can from you. Ask any questions you want and I am sure that someone can give you an answer.

I feel for you Dani. I have always been an animal lover. I have owned Dobermans my whole life. they are my best asset. I have a bond with them. They would be the first to defend me. I also had a Siamese called Bailey..He died last year of cancer as well. at 13. it was utterly heart breaking. But I believe they are all in my life for a reason. And they leave for a reason as well. Well Dani I will be sure to chat more to you tomorrow. Not sure where you are from. But its now 03.44am here in Scotland and im done for Haha. thanks for the welcome :)

Welcome to the forum Jen,Graham and the dobes.The very first step towards being prepared is being aware and by the sounds of this conversation,you've already done that.You'll find great company and alot of knowledgable folks that will be more than willing to help get started,don't hesitate to ask a question,theres tons of expertise on most all levels and areas of readiness here.

Welcome to the forum Jen, I see that you have already met a few of us. AS you can tell, we are a friendly bunch. You won't find talk about looting, stealing from the less fortunate, or cannabilism here, if you do happen to see it, let one of us know. We'll be on them like white on rice. We don't put up with rubbish like that.

Don't try to change the minds of those around you if they aren't inclined. By continuously talking to them, it will stick in their mind and when the world goes to hell, they'll remember who to go to because you have food and a means of living.

Well I am not to sure what to say really. I don't want to bore the masses with too much about myself. I am a 23 year old woman from Scotland. I live in an urban area but close to hills and forests. I have always been interested in the news behind the news and have always known we live a very cushioned lifestyle in comparison to a lot of other countries. And I must say it worries me to no extent the loss we would suffer if even one of the ''conspiracies'' I have read about were to happen.
Me and my partner Graham have been chatting recently about possibly getting started with ''prepping''. He isn't as convinced as I am at the risks of things such as Marshall law, ''FEMA'' camps and the like. but if he asks, I am happy to inform. I of course have seen shows recently on prepping and I feel its in my blood to be able to survive such social unrest. So I am here. To see where to begin. - Jen
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

See, I don't know what the ''rules'' are here. Haha. I don't want to ask in too much depth about your ways and your methods. don't want to offend anyone. Haha very ageist there, I am a 23 year old woman, come on. Haha. at least I would have the element of surprise when I show an intruder my new cage fighting skills. New to that also...pathetic. Haha
Welcome Jen from South La. Don't worry about offending anyone else, just don't offend ME. I don't want to swim all the way over there to eat you'll. I don't know how much you know about CAJUNS, but we eat anything that doesn't eat us first. Just bullshitting with you. You are very welcome here with us. The first advice I want to give you is not to tell everyone you meet that you are prepping. Do it as much in secret as you can. The ones that you tell that are not doing anything to prep will be the first to come and try to get your food, water, first aid stuff, etc. Just drop some hints about what you think is coming and see their response. If you need to know anything, JUST ASK. If it is not covered in one of the post, someone here will get the answer for you. As a Cajun and living along the bayou, I've been a prepper all my life. Like many have said "we are all willing to help our family here". No one stays a stranger long here.

Jen, just watch out for Old-Anorak. She is my sister, but she can be meaner than Mom. Bill and Jim are my brothers but they are mean to me. Let me know if they get mean to you and I will tell Sis. She will put them on their knees(on rice).LMAO

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I love dogs too. They are good on the barbeque pit with some basting sauce.
Mastercajun. . . you are so wrong and just askin for a whoopin! I ain't that far away to give you a smack! :)

G'day from Down Under - there's a few of us - HVP is right, Bill's ok when he's had his medication ;)

Hi Jen, welcome to the forum ,I too am from Scotland, like everyone who comes here I didn't know what I really wanted, but there are so many knowledgeable people in here who can answer any questions you may have , again welcome to the family cos that's what we are

Latest posts

Back