Hey I am New here

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChancesR

Reaction score
Conroe Texas checking in ... nice to find a forum that allows you to dicuss freely... most ban christian talk and some politics go figure I think that is be definition your modern prepper or historical ones for that matter.
I dont own a home so I am not Stocking up I know I know that is odd for a prepper but I stocking up on skills not stuff.

nice to meet you all

howdy chancesR.welcome to the forum and family..there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here.so if you have any questons about some thing.or a commint on a topic.by all means jump right on in and post it..

Conroe Texas checking in ... nice to find a forum that allows you to dicuss freely... most ban christian talk and some politics go figure I think that is be definition your modern prepper or historical ones for that matter.
I dont own a home so I am not Stocking up I know I know that is odd for a prepper but I stocking up on skills not stuff.

nice to meet you all
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome.

What skills are you looking to learn?

right now I am learning how to preserve food starting with dehydrating, but I want to learn ....how to not be fat lol, Preserve and cook plus preserve and cook meat (the only meat I can cook with is hamburger lol), make candles, later when I own a home... gardening, the woodworking with 1800's human powered equipment, weave on a floor loom, How to build things like a storage shed, Hunt, Gut and clean what I can hunt, make soap from scratch. basically anything I can come up with that I am able to do and will need.
I am jobless now but I am working on sewing and designing clothing from my own patterns. I have a treadle sewing machine that I love. I am open to more ideas.

Canning is probably the next step. A bit more usable than dehydrated foods. I think the biggest challenge to healthy eating is cost.
Simply put, to eat cheap, we have to eat poorly (high carbs like rice and pasta, and bread, etc.). Adding a lot of fruit and veggies is expensive and time consuming (as it spoils quickly).
That's where canning comes in. Can buy in bulk, but then can (jar) in more usable amounts (and keep fresher longer, for years even).
Granted though, costs some startup money for supplies and a pressure cooker, but once the initial investment is done, isn't bad from there.

Welcome to the forum. Several of us have the 'old time' skills that we use daily. Most of us are happy to teach.

Latest posts

Back