Hey from NC!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been from Duck :-( all the way to Highpoint have looked at many areas going to take a drive to Wilmington Nc Friday so.e town looked ok.some not so much also have done lots of research online

Anyone in the Raleigh area I'll be around tomorrow .First stop Big Eds City Market.my favorite breakfast place in Raleigh.

We're in Durham, but work gets in the way of all of my fun stuff!!! If it wasn't for that, we'd love to meet up with you. We're just newbies, with no one else in the area so it would be nice to know other "like minded people" if you decide to settle around here.

Not sure yet ,but were in Raleigh today through sunday

Whatever you do don't move to Harnett county new laws coming, that are really ticking me off. Can't shoot a gun within 1/10 of a mile of anyones house not even your own. Also can't drink on your own property and many more new laws coming into effect. I told hubby it's time to move back to Maine. This BS is ticking me off.

I am truly a newbie when it come to prepping. I'm originally from a rural area in Eastern North Carolina, so I grew up gardening, canning, freezing, etc, but have since moved to the big city (ok, maybe not so big), so I've lost a lot of what I used to know. I'm here with my boyfriend and sweet rescue dog, just trying to get ready for whatever may happen.

We started talking about prepping a few months ago & started making our list from various other websites, but it became so overwhelming that we were stuck at where to begin. We were supposed to have so much flour, sugar and oatmeal and we hadn't even started our BOB, much less water, medical supplies, guns and ammo. I stumbled upon this website and have been lurking for the past week or so and decided I had to join. I think I now have a cleared idea of how we need to start on a limited budget, then build up from there (thanks to the wonderful preppers here). Luckily my boyfriend, probably the more sensible one, keeps me from trying to jump ahead in our prepping process. We still don't have a completed BOB, nor do we have enough food/water stored for more than a couple of weeks, but we're baby preppers, so it's baby steps.

We have decided on a BOL, which is back home in Eastern NC, but it's about a 2.5 hour drive from our current location. We don't have any food stored at our BOL, but we'll work on that the next time we go back "home". We're planning to work on our food/water here along with our BOB (we only have 1, but I'm planning on getting one for me). We live in a small house, but it does have a basement, so there's room for storage & place to lock ourselves in if we have to Bug In for a bit until we can get out of town, but we have to be ready for anything. I don't know how well we would do in a survival situation, but I'm still a country girl so I've hunted and skinned, etc with my Daddy. My boyfriend is a skilled mechanic, and can make or do most anything when it comes to building, fixing and calming me down.

Sorry for such a long post, but y'all will discover that I can be a bit long-winded when I'm excited about something. I look forward to learning from all of you and growing more confident in what we're trying to do.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

What is going on in your area?That sounds like some stupid rules/laws
Yep, stupid for real. However like I told Juan it all has to do with so many folks moving out of the cities and into the rural areas. They want to make the country into city zones I guess. Stupid as can be if you ask me.

That has happened in some areas in NH as well.People move into the areas after leaving bigger towns ans cities.And try to change it into what they left.When should have just stayed where they were.

I am truly a newbie when it come to prepping. I'm originally from a rural area in Eastern North Carolina, so I grew up gardening, canning, freezing, etc, but have since moved to the big city (ok, maybe not so big), so I've lost a lot of what I used to know. I'm here with my boyfriend and sweet rescue dog, just trying to get ready for whatever may happen.

We started talking about prepping a few months ago & started making our list from various other websites, but it became so overwhelming that we were stuck at where to begin. We were supposed to have so much flour, sugar and oatmeal and we hadn't even started our BOB, much less water, medical supplies, guns and ammo. I stumbled upon this website and have been lurking for the past week or so and decided I had to join. I think I now have a cleared idea of how we need to start on a limited budget, then build up from there (thanks to the wonderful preppers here). Luckily my boyfriend, probably the more sensible one, keeps me from trying to jump ahead in our prepping process. We still don't have a completed BOB, nor do we have enough food/water stored for more than a couple of weeks, but we're baby preppers, so it's baby steps.

We have decided on a BOL, which is back home in Eastern NC, but it's about a 2.5 hour drive from our current location. We don't have any food stored at our BOL, but we'll work on that the next time we go back "home". We're planning to work on our food/water here along with our BOB (we only have 1, but I'm planning on getting one for me). We live in a small house, but it does have a basement, so there's room for storage & place to lock ourselves in if we have to Bug In for a bit until we can get out of town, but we have to be ready for anything. I don't know how well we would do in a survival situation, but I'm still a country girl so I've hunted and skinned, etc with my Daddy. My boyfriend is a skilled mechanic, and can make or do most anything when it comes to building, fixing and calming me down.

Sorry for such a long post, but y'all will discover that I can be a bit long-winded when I'm excited about something. I look forward to learning from all of you and growing more confident in what we're trying to do.

Welcome to the Forum!
Having just thought through the "what ifs" puts you way ahead of 90% of Americans...so Congrats!
I grew up in The Appalachian Mountains so I know the eastern part of NC fairly well. Live on a ranch in Colorado now, for the most part we r self-sufficient here.
Feel free to ask questions...lots of good folks here that can/will be happy to help ya!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Latest posts

Back