Hey everybody.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this site and fairly new to prepping, I was 4 badges from becoming an Eagle Scout, I went to a quasi-military academy and am an avid outdoors man. I just turned 18 and I love ancient weapons like bows swords knives and axes. I would love some feed back about good brands and DIYs and such. Thanks!!

I dont really go by brands on knives and axes i look at the quality and the price , the best bushcraft knife ive found is an 11 dollar Old Hickory butcher knife that i modified myself by shortening it 2 inches and made a new hardwood handle for it . But if ya like spending money Kershaw,k-bar,esee,gerber,cold steel, and the list goes on ! you want to pick your blades according to the task you will be performing with them , if it be bushcraft and survival you want sturdy blade 1/8 in. thick or better and atleast 5,1/2 in. in blade length. No serrated edges then u want aother good fixed blade as a backup cus 2 is 1 and 1 is none says the saying ! then a good folding knife i also reccomend this to be non serrated . as for swords i have no idea.

Last edited:
I prefer choosing my knives and hatchets like you said by testing them out and it's worked so far. I'd love to have an axe made for me. I found a site that looks promising

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

sarcasm? we have that here?lol..and far as competition goes.it simply wouldnt be right if we didnt have any of that here..

Hey guys I'm new to this site and fairly new to prepping, I was 4 badges from becoming an Eagle Scout, I went to a quasi-military academy and am an avid outdoors man. I just turned 18 and I love ancient weapons like bows swords knives and axes. I would love some feed back about good brands and DIYs and such. Thanks!!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back