Here's the SHTF Scenario

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
If you had no time to prep and a natural or man made disaster hits your city to where you had to be held up in your own house or apartment. It is too dangerous to go outside because of looters, murderers, and the local prison just opened all it's cells. You have a choice of 3 weapons. What would those be? You're electricity is cut off and it's in the middle of winter. What and how would you stay warm? The only food that you have is what you have in your fridge and cupboards. You have to survive for up to 2 weeks until the national guard can get you help and things back up online. So, what 3 weapons, what to do for food and water, fuel. Do you trust your neighbors for help? How would you survive?

Weapons, 1911, 12 gauge, ruger 22, Food no problem 3 month supply. Electricity "generator" fuel i have enough to run a couple of hours a day to keep the freezer cold, I would be screwed on water have to rely 4 cases an the hot water heater. House is secure no one can get it. In that situation i am not going to trust anyone but family. Thanks for the wake up call, going for more water tomorrow.

I have been pondering my weapon choice for some time now, and I would chose a 12 gauge shot gun, Any .45 acp (1911, Glock 21, Ruger KP90) as that round has superior stopping power, and I would choose an M4 or perhaps an AK-47/MAK 90.

I too have a generator with plenty of fuel so I can run it to keep the freezer running.

But like Colt 1911 I fall short in the H2O arena. I have about 100 bottles, but that won't last long with 5 people. I do have one neighbor right next door that I might trust. However I doubt she has done a thing to prepare for her son and herself.

But if the food runs out and she hasn't beaten me to the punch I will be dining on her 2 cats. I know it sounds foul and mean but my kids are going to survive.

I have been pondering my weapon choice for some time now, and I would chose a 12 gauge shot gun, Any .45 acp (1911, Glock 21, Ruger KP90) as that round has superior stopping power, and I would choose an M4 or perhaps an AK-47/MAK 90.

I too have a generator with plenty of fuel so I can run it to keep the freezer running.

But like Colt 1911 I fall short in the H2O arena. I have about 100 bottles, but that won't last long with 5 people. I do have one neighbor right next door that I might trust. However I doubt she has done a thing to prepare for her son and herself.

But if the food runs out and she hasn't beaten me to the punch I will be dining on her 2 cats. I know it sounds foul and mean but my kids are going to survive.
This where the pellet gun comes into play. Here kitty

well im taken this as hypothetical, cuz me, id GTFO, no matter who said what (unless God Himself) but, i usually have stockpiles of ramen, a pool in the back yard, hot water heater, id fill the bathtubs at first warning, and there's always the toilets, back tank for the freshest.
i have 5 dogs n 1 cat, sorry but if worse comes to worse, they'll be with me forever lol.
i have knives up the yang, 2 bows, and soon a wrist rocket, also, i have airsoft guns that i can make look real enough to have someone drop their real one.(hopefully)
i also have a garden, which will more than likely be plundered cuz its in the front yard, cuz dogs n kids would get into it in the back.
but my most useful asset is my survivalist mind, that because i have this mindset, it gives me the advantage to persevere through some bs.

well im taken this as hypothetical, cuz me, id GTFO, no matter who said what (unless God Himself) but, i usually have stockpiles of ramen, a pool in the back yard, hot water heater, id fill the bathtubs at first warning, and theres always the toilets, back tank for the freshest.
i have 5 dogs n 1 cat, sorry but if worse comes to worse, they'll bebwith me forever lol.
i have knives up the yang, 2 bows, and soon a wrist rocket, also, i have airsoft guns that i can make look real enough to have someone drop their real one.(hopefully)
i also have a garden, which will more than likely be plundered cuz its in the front yard, cuz dogs n kids would get into it in the back.
but my most useful asset is my survivalist mind, that because i have this mindset, it gives me the advantage to persavere through some bs.
rugar 10/22, cheap ammo and tons of it, my rifle of choice right now. next is the ar15.

rugar 10/22, cheap ammo and tons of it, my rifle of choice right now. next is the ar15.
I like the idea of a 10/22, but since I was only allowed to chose 3 weapons I opted to delete that one from the inventory. Luckily since I am trapped in my own home I have access to more than enough knives!

wish i had the money for gun(s)
so until i do, im a primal weapon person.
hey, Question:
is a pellet gun (pellet projectile) really about the same as a .22?
ive heard it was and also have had the displeasure of being shot in the calf with one, i know it sucks, but if i buy a pellet rifle, will it be simular enough to take the place of a .22?

wish i had the money for gun(s)
so until i do, im a primal weapon person.
hey, Question:
is a pellet gun (pellet projectile) really about the same as a .22?
ive heard it was and also have had the displeasure of being shot in the calf with one, i know it sucks, but if i buy a pellet rifle, will it be simular enough to take the place of a .22?
Small game , The pellet gun is not going to take down a grown man, but a 22 will {head shot} problems with a gut shot to, If it was me
I would save a little more for a 22 plus you get a 10 shot clip.
found one for 149.00 sure you could shop around an get something for a hundred or so. but heres something to look at.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...-Semiautomatic-Rimfire-Rifles/706407.uts?dest

Small game , The pellet gun is not going to take down a grown man, but a 22 will {head shot} problems with a gut shot to, If it was me
I would save a little more for a 22 plus you get a 10 shot clip.
found one for 149.00 sure you could shop around an get something for a hundred or so. but heres something to look at.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Rimfire-Rifles/Semiautomatic|/pc/104792580/c/105530580/sc/104800680/Marlin174-22-LR-Semiautomatic-Rimfire-Rifles/706407.uts?dest
That Marlin could almost pass for a Ruger 10/22

For me the 10/22 is the premier .22.
I need to get a new barrel for mine as I have sent several thousand rounds through mine in the past 15 years.
money well spent, just pick up a 22 barrel for my 45 pistol, time for some cheap target practice.

Sweet !!!
You have any Turner's out your way? There are a couple in my area. I also know of a gun store in Orange County called Sam Fowlers Gun Room. Not sure if they are still in business. Problem with california is the government is trying to shut down the gun stores and gun shows.

You have any Turner's out your way? There are a couple in my area. I also know of a gun store in Orange County called Sam Fowlers Gun Room. Not sure if they are still in business. Problem with california is the government is trying to shut down the gun stores and gun shows.
Yep just found it , thanks . Get them while you can, hopefully they wont come an take them.

Yep just found it , thanks . Get them while you can, hopefully they wont come an take them.
it's people like that ### in Colorado that give guns and gun owners a bad name.

As far as I'm concerned, a gun is no more responsible for killing people than a pencil is for spelling errors.

dude that marlin is sweet!
i like the fact its only 4.5lbs too.
now i just have to build the money............and talk the wife into it lol.

Latest posts

Back