Here it comes....reparations on the way....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

God Like
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-marijuana-taxes-fund-reparations-program

Excerpt: "The 8-1 vote comes as the city's black population has dipped from 22.5 percent in 2000 to just under 17 percent in 2017, the paper reported.

Supporters of the program say it will help address the lingering effects of slavery and discrimination, per the Pioneer Press.

The fund will be capped at $10 million, while the city estimates that the taxes from recreational marijuana sales could generate between $500,000 and $750,000 annually.

The idea of reparations to compensate the descendants of slaves has gained traction among progressives while a majority of conservatives oppose it."

Can I enquire as to where the WHITE ancestors of the african Barbary Consair pirates claim compensation as they were taking white people as slaves for over 1000 years BEFORE the whites started enslaving blacks??

The whole concept of "reparations" is ridiculous. EVERY race has been enslaved at one time or another.

Almost the whole world was involved in slavery even the American Indians enslaved it's enemy, the African tribes done to it's own people. No country can claim purity regarding slavery. The whole world would be broke if we pay reparation for past deeds, this is bullshit. The way I see it, reparation was paid in blood left on the battle field 158 years ago.

This poor me crap is just that crap! g'damn blood sucking leaches.

I do believe in reparations. ANYONE who has been enslaved and subjected to indentured labor should be allowed to collect for being subjected to that criminal act. In return the government (or whoever is paying the reparations) should be allowed to collect from those who enslaved the individual. I also would not have any objection to allow this to be claimed by anyone who is the direct decedent of a deceased individual who was enslaved. Limited to just that one generation. Now any law that pays someone who's may be related to someone who may or may not have been enslaved in the past is not fair. If you have no direct relationship to the person enslaved, you have no claim.

Since slavery has been illegal for so long (at least in the US), there should be very, VERY few people who fit in this category. Anyone who does, then there will be someone that can be held accountable to reimburse for the reparations being paid.

Latest posts

Back