Help

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase

Reaction score
I am in need of some help for this year. The last couple growing seasons I have had problems with insects and pests ruining my crops as well as my dogs. I have two dogs one is really big and is standing in my old garden as shown in the picture and one small dog that is notorious for digging holes under fences. I am looking to expand my garden this year to about 25 feet long and about 7 feet wide, and I need help keeping the dogs and pests out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 10
you might try this..and i suggest not spraying it directly onto the plants.on account i dont know if it'll have any effect on them or not..

Ingredients and Equipment

The two primary ingredients used to make hot pepper spray are garlic and cayenne pepper. You'll need two medium sized bulbs of garlic and four large cayenne peppers, either fresh or dried. Mineral oil, hot water and natural liquid soap are also required. Mineral oil can be found in your local drug store or hardware store, and natural liquid soap can be found in natural health stores. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap is one such brand, but any type available may be used.
You'll also need some common
kitchen equipment , including a blender, cheesecloth, rubber gloves, a pint-sized canning jar with lid for storage and a spray bottle for application. It's best to use a blender that will not be used for food preparation. However, if you don't have a spare blender, make sure to wash thoroughly to remove any mineral oil residue before using again. If cheesecloth is not available, you can use nylon pantyhose to strain the liquid.
Making Hot Pepper Spray
Coarsely chop the four garlic cloves, leaving the peel intact. Place them in a blender with the cayenne peppers. Add 2 tbsp. of mineral oil, 2 cups hot water and 3 tsp. of natural liquid soap. Place the lid on the blender and process on high speed for two to three minutes, or until pureed. Allow the hot pepper spray mixture to stand overnight, which will increase the heat and effectiveness of the solution.
In the morning, put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands. This mixture can irritate the skin, so be careful while handling. Strain the liquid through a piece of cheesecloth (or nylon pantyhose) into a glass pint-sized canning jar. Secure the lid tightly and store in a cool, dry place for up to 90 days.

Using Hot Pepper Spray
To use, measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and transfer to a clean spray bottle. Add about 5 cups of water and shake well to combine. Spray directly onto plants as necessary, being careful not to get any of the liquid on your skin. It's a good idea to wear gloves any time you are handling the hot pepper spray. You can make a larger batch to use in a garden sprayer for larger pest problems. Just stick to the formula above of 1/4 cup of solution to every five cups of water.

you might try this..and i suggest not spraying it directly onto the plants.on account i dont know if it'll have any effect on them or not..

The two primary ingredients used to make hot pepper spray are garlic and cayenne pepper. You'll need two medium sized bulbs of garlic and four large cayenne peppers, either fresh or dried. Mineral oil, hot water and natural liquid soap are also required. Mineral oil can be found in your local drug store or hardware store, and natural liquid soap can be found in natural
health stores. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap is one such brand, but any type available may be used.
kitchen equipment , including a blender, cheesecloth, rubber gloves, a pint-sized canning jar with lid for storage and a spray bottle for application. It's best to use a blender that will not be used for food preparation. However, if you don't have a spare blender, make sure to wash thoroughly to remove any mineral oil residue before using again. If cheesecloth is not available, you can use nylon pantyhose to strain the liquid.
Making Hot Pepper Spray
Coarsely chop the four garlic cloves, leaving the peel intact. Place them in a blender with the cayenne peppers. Add 2 tbsp. of mineral oil, 2 cups hot water and 3 tsp. of natural liquid soap. Place the lid on the blender and process on high speed for two to three minutes, or until pureed. Allow the hot pepper spray mixture to stand overnight, which will increase the heat and effectiveness of the solution.
In the morning, put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands. This mixture can irritate the skin, so be careful while handling. Strain the liquid through a piece of cheesecloth (or nylon pantyhose) into a glass pint-sized canning jar. Secure the lid tightly and store in a cool, dry place for up to 90 days.
Using Hot Pepper Spray
To use, measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and transfer to a
clean spray bottle. Add about 5 cups of water and shake well to combine. Spray directly onto plants as necessary, being careful not to get any of the liquid on your skin. It's a good idea to wear gloves any time you are handling the hot pepper spray. You can make a larger batch to use in a garden sprayer for larger pest problems. Just stick to the formula above of 1/4 cup of solution to every five cups of water.
Ok thank you I will try that out will that help with just the bugs. Will I have to put up a fence to keep my dogs out?

the site says that it'll keep raccoons/opossum/armadillo/deer out of garden..so i figure it might do the same with dogs as well.if it dont keep the dogs out.then you might try moth balls..i hear that works on dogs..

Growing tobacco plants and garlic with certain crops can help control pests. For the dogs, simply dig a trench along the fence line, and bury the fence about a foot down. You could also plant some spiky shrubs along the fence line to discourage them. (like a line of aloe)

Hi!
i have a small garden and we aren't allowed to use any pesticides there,so for ants i used cinnamon powder over their nest and for other critters i made a solution of pinesoap and water and sprayd it,quite ok and non toxic,if you have nettles,collect them,put in a bucket with water and a lid on,let it ferment for a while and there you have something yr plants love

As a last resort...If a dog associates an area with a bad experience then they should stay away, I'm sure you can get alarms that make a noise dog's don't like or an e-collar...I wouldn't use it may self but as a last resort.

The two primary ingredients used to make hot pepper spray are garlic and cayenne pepper. You'll need two medium sized bulbs of garlic and four large cayenne peppers, either fresh or dried. Mineral oil, hot water and natural liquid soap are also required. Mineral oil can be found in your local drug store or hardware store, and natural liquid soap can be found in natural
health stores. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap is one such brand, but any type available may be used.
Making Hot Pepper Spray
Using Hot Pepper Spray
To use, measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and transfer to a
clean spray bottle. Add about 5 cups of water and shake well to combine. Spray directly onto plants as necessary, being careful not to get any of the liquid on your skin. It's a good idea to wear gloves any time you are handling the hot pepper spray. You can make a larger batch to use in a garden sprayer for larger pest problems. Just stick to the formula above of 1/4 cup of solution to every five cups of water.
Hey Jim,
Can I just put a pepper shaker in my bag and mix it with river water? or is that to easy to work. Loads of wild garlic around here but it's seasonal.

Latest posts

Back